Beach Vacation finds....

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my 5 day St. Pete beach vacation started great and went slowly downhill. Heres the quick play by play:

Arrived Wed. 2pm Beautiful sunshine hit the beach and pool with my wife and daughter. Around 5 or so the wife says she and my daughter are going in for a nap and tells me to go detecting! I grab the excal and walk down to the busy public beach area. Head into the water waist deep and start swinging. Within 30 minutes I had a nice hit and pulled up a girls class ring! 2011 and not gold :( What are they made out of when they aren't gold these days? Anyway I was stoked to add another ring to my collection and probably be able to find the owner since the school is local! Rounded out the 1 1/2 hr hunt with 2 junk hoop earings. T-Bones on the grill for dinner along with a few St. Pauli Girls(beer) ended the night nicely.

Thursday 6 am hit the beach!! Went down to the same area and hit it again. Not anyone in the water so it was easy swinging. Found a large hoop marked 925 Italy and a small gold tone dangle earing. Done by 8:30 to go hang out with the wife and kid for the day.

Thursday 6pm My folks show up and my dad wants to go out with me. Its drizzling rain so we leave the Sov GT at the hotel and he comes with me to share the Excal. Hunted for 1 1/2hrs and only found change and junk. I was showing my dad how to use the detector and he spent about half the time swinging it.

Friday AM: Heres where it goes downhill. Wake up at 5:30am and check the radar. Not good. by 6am its gusting about 30mph and major thunderstorms. Not a break the whole day to get out to the beach :( Oh well, we have 2 more days and maybe these strong south winds will cut the beach a bit and stir up some old stuff!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday AM: 6am no rain! Head out with my dad he has the Sov GT and I have the Excal. Winds are still blowing and the surf is just way too rough to head in. So we dry sand it in the blanket line. I think this was frustrating for my dad because he was digging all kinds of bottle tops foil, etc. In hindsight I should have used some discriminate for him :( together we found maybe $1.50 in an hour or so and I could tell he was getting frustrated so we hung it up. No biggie, the waves will be dying and I can make it out in the evening and again Sunday am.

Not to be. After coming back to the motel and helping my wife get our daughter ready for the beach, I slip on the wet boardwalk and put a big gash in my foot bleeding all over the place. Borderline needing stitches. Well, now you know how the rest of the trip went. It was too sore to even put weight on to walk so I was done. :-[

Probably be heled up in about a week so I am out of commission.

Oh well, heres the finds from those few hunts:

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

HH, Aaron

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Aaron,
Sorry to hear about your foot, but at least you got out and did some hunting the class ring maybe Palladium that's what mine is still a good find at 700 some dollars and Oz. :thumbsup: you spent time with family and had fun that is the main thing.
HH-drewan

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Bad luck with the foot, sorry to hear about it. But you got a great ring and some silver along with time with the family. Great week! :hello2:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
sorry about your foot. It wasn't the best week weather wise for vacation that is for sure!! hopefully you will return soon.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. The ring looks to be stamped Y-ULT with the Y being kind of stylized?

And like you both said, I wouldn't trade this for all the gold and silver out there!!

Beachtrip018.jpg

Aaron

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post and great pics, Aaron :headbang:

Sorry to read about your accident on the boardwalk....hope you will be completely healed ASAP

You have some nice finds there...I like the class ring

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking finds and family. :icon_thumleft:

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the foot wound, you can always use it as "the closing of a good story" Great finds.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE!!!!!

Just did a double check on everything and guess what?? The big Gold hoop is stamped 417!!! 10K baby!! :hello2: 2.3 grams! I did find gold this vacation!! Wohooooooo!!!

003-4.jpg

Aaron

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
UPDATE!!!!!

Just did a double check on everything and guess what?? The big Gold hoop is stamped 417!!! 10K baby!! :hello2: 2.3 grams! I did find gold this vacation!! Wohooooooo!!!

003-4.jpg

Aaron

Good for you, Aaron! Congrats on the gold find! :hello2:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions