4 1/2 hour hunt and ....

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I think I need a PI because I got Zero,zilch,zip,nada,nope,no dice, I'm sorry try again. I felt like I was in the ring with Evander Holyfield kept swinging but wasn't connecting the only thing I had to show for my 4 1/2 hours was a pop can and some rocks that I'm throwing in the tumbler. I thought for sure I was going to find something since the beach I was hunting is a campground on Lake Superior and it gets alot of people there of all ages so the numbers are there but where are the finds?
drewan

Upvote 0

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sometimes I find that when I have a hard time finding targets I realize that in my excitement to find treasure I was pushing myself and rushing . Just by slowing down and really listening to what the detector is trying to tell me sometimes pulls the target out of hiding. Hope this helps .Happy hunting.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good chance that one or two of the campers came with metal detectors.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to the beach one day and nothing, returned the next andd scored. Conditions change constantly.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
I don't think that speed is the problem lol I hunt very slow and and very methodical on how I hunt.
Not saying I find it all because no one does but I don't miss much lol.
drewan
herb n surf said:
Sometimes I find that when I have a hard time finding targets I realize that in my excitement to find treasure I was pushing myself and rushing . Just by slowing down and really listening to what the detector is trying to tell me sometimes pulls the target out of hiding. Hope this helps .Happy hunting.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Can slaw,
It is possible but I think it's more to do with the sand it's pretty soft and when I dug the can I was digging pretty deep before I hit rocks of any type .I think it's one of those beaches that once it's lost it's out of detector range fast.
drewan
Can Slaw said:
Good chance that one or two of the campers came with metal detectors.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: You will have days when all you find is crap, pulltabs, cans, slaw, nails, fishinglines with hooks, sinkers, then BAM! You get lucky, in the past three weeks we have found a silver ring, complete silver charm with chain, made in India. We also found a tungsten ring that is heavy, an 18 carat gold ring with saphires, rubies, emeralds and diamonds, and an 18 carat gold ring with 8 clear beautiful diamonds and at least 1 carat or more teardrop shaped ruby, that was after finding nothing but some clad and junk for weeks!!!! :o Hang in there, your time is coming!!!!! :icon_thumright: Red

I guess what red Is Saying Is Hang in there It will Come!!!! It help Having A Beautiful Hunting Partner!!!! HH Chug

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
SsHang in there. We all have bad days. If the sand is fluffy, LEAVE! If you are leaving 1/2" or more impressions in the sand when you walk,LEAVE! You are probaly wasteing your time. Digg a quick hole in the fluff. If you do not hit hard pach in eighteen inches you are definitely wasteing your time. Move on to better hunting grounds. Every spot has its good and bad days, especially at the beach. Best of luck in the future...Stuart

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
That is what I was thinking (LEAVE) it is soft sand I'd take a step and it would give way but since I was there and didn't have time to hit another spot I figure I'd stick it out.
Andy
search and recovery said:
SsHang in there. We all have bad days. If the sand is fluffy, LEAVE! If you are leaving 1/2" or more impressions in the sand when you walk,LEAVE! You are probaly wasteing your time. Digg a quick hole in the fluff. If you do not hit hard pach in eighteen inches you are definitely wasteing your time. Move on to better hunting grounds. Every spot has its good and bad days, especially at the beach. Best of luck in the future...Stuart

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
drewan29 said:
That is what I was thinking (LEAVE) it is soft sand I'd take a step and it would give way but since I was there and didn't have time to hit another spot I figure I'd stick it out.
Andy
search and recovery said:

Soft sand is good too, especially when you can see where people have been sitting, we have found rings, coins, toy cars and trucks, a gold bracelet, earings, pulltabs, slaw, and many silver rings! :wink: Red P.s. This was found in soft sand!!!!! 18 carat gold and all stones are real!!!!! :hello2:

Attachments

• Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 002.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 226

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread