XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
worldtalker,

are you wearing a wetsuit hood? if so you might want to cut holes in it over your ears. sound actually travels better thru water than air because its denser. i've read about the pro ear mask and i believe if you could move the speakers from you're headphones to the earcups on this mask it would help. i contacted them to see if they thought it was possible and they treated me like i was nuts!!!!

steve :-)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm right here......

It is difficult to hear those signals while underwater with the regulator bubbles and screams from your dive buddy because he has seaweed caught on his hose. Nothing can be done about the water in the ears and your right about not using plugs. All I was able to do was crank up the volume as high as it would go. When I wore a hood I did cut a small hole where my ears were, but depending on the water temp. this also let colder water near the ear canal. I never had any trouble hearing my 1280, CZ-20 or Tiger Shark under water, only the Excal but maybe the Excal II has a lower volume limit too. While wading I place tape over the earphone drain holes to block outside noise more.

Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread