went fishing for idi_ _ s

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have to share this one . I was a local beach chest deep metal detecting yesterday (probably thinking how we the human race because of our intelligence are one step above all other creatures) when some guy comes over looks at me holding my detector and says " Hey buddy, are you SURE that they allow you to FISH here ? Has anyone else here had dumb things like that said to them ?

Upvote 0

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love these topics. Here is my favorite:

I asked permission at one beach and the question that I was asked back was "It won't electrocute anyone, will it?".

Another time, I was chest deep in the water and a Sheriff's car drove onto the beach and the Sheriff got out and called to me. When I started in towards shore, he realized that I had a metal detector and started laughing. It seems that someone was walking on the beach, saw me in the water almost to my neck and called 911. They told 911 that I was trying to drown myself.

Here's your sign...

Scott

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
I just respond in French. Then their faces go blank.
Thats a good one. When I dont feel like talking I might say "Me no speaky English". :sign13:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time you are chest to eyeball deep and they ask a Dumb one?????
Say " Nope Just Had an Accident, Got any TP " :laughing7:

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One Women asked me what's that you have on your head, " and i Said why do you see something there. you wanted to see her face.

Gemini420

Jun 27, 2011
I've only been doing this for a few weeks, but every day on the beach I get similar questions/comments.

I'll have to try some of these witty replies. These were too good not to use (and you have to have fun!)

It's funny to me how it always seems to be young kids (6 to 13) and/or adults (40+) who approach you with questions. Teenagers and young adults never approach me. Seems that they may all be too cool to treasure hunt ... ?

Sometimes a large group of young kids will accumulate and follow me. Seriously, they follow along and watch me dig with wide eyes and curiosity. I feel like the `pied piper` of the beach, handing out any buried toys that I find to the kids behind me ...

Shane

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
a classic but i still find it funny. "do you ever find anything?".........................nope, i have been swinging for 4 years and havent found a damn thing :laughing9: :laughing9: One lady asked, "is that thing hard to ride?" i look at her confused and then she said" your unicycle, is it hard to ride?". At that point, i didn't even know how to respond :laughing9:

GOLD1960

May 10, 2006
BURNSVILLE,MN
___ YES I AM DETECTING ________

Attachments

• FantasyAnimatedgifsMermaidArt062501.gif
    FantasyAnimatedgifsMermaidArt062501.gif
    249.4 KB · Views: 235

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL!

Attachments

• vb321.jpg
    vb321.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 230

tazz1

Apr 28, 2011
CT
Detector(s) used
Dual Field
Sand Shark
E trac
Excal 2
Sov GT
Tek G2
Tejon
I had a city guy scream at me, thinking I was shell fishing. Yeah, testing my new prototype clam detector. I was only ankle deep too. Dope

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
tazz1 said:
I had a city guy scream at me, thinking I was shell fishing. Yeah, testing my new prototype clam detector. I was only ankle deep too. Dope
ha, i guess he doesnt think before he speaks :laughing9:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tell them it is a mole machine and the headphones help you hear them while they are moving under ground.......Matt

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
The other day a lady asked me "does that thing find fish too??" I mean REALLY?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions