1 week of no detecting blues :(

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after gashing my foot open last Saturday I have still not healed to the point of feeling comfortable hitting the beach. This darn cut is right on the side of my heel so every time I take a step it opens right up! I've tried all kinds of bandages and nothing works. Its easy to say "just stay off of it and it will heal". Kind of hard when you have to work a 9-5 on your feet. Please just show me some pity and keep posting your finds so I can pretend I'm out there. Especially you guys/gals that are on the Central Gulf Coast hunting the same beaches :wink:

Hopefully I'll be good to go by next weekend. Until it stops bleeding every time I walk I am not going to risk it.

HH,
Aaron

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about that problem , Aaron..

Have you tried Steri-strips? ...and an ace bandage might help also

Lorraine

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heal quick Aaron! :headbang: :thumbsup:

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know about chronic pain i live it everyday, but open wounds are different, your young take it easy and hit hard when your betta :icon_sunny:, then go get that cheda :icon_pirat:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Worldtalker is right . I too use super glue and it works great.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
try liquid bandage * its similar to super glue (sorta) in that it makes a waterproof seal over the cut and keeps dirt and germs out --be sure the wound area has been cleaned well before applying it --( you do not want to seal in dirt and stuff) -- use several coats if need be -- let each coat dry well before applying another coat --good luck --ivan

listen to jimmy buffet --"stepped on a pop top cut my foot"

ps once sealed you can cover it with good grade duct tape as a bandage . loop it all the way around the top over the foot , a couple of times around.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
ouch ,the skin on most bare footed florida diggers are tuff.. peroxide it till it stops seaping ,then walk careful when at work..if deep go to the hospital..HH

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. It has been 9 days and it is still tender and will break open in the morning when I first put some weight on it. I've been peroxiding it everyday and using some triple antibiotic every other. I have been sleeping with it unbandaged to try and get it to seal up but no luck yet. Looks like I will be out of commission till next weekend at least :-[ Still pretty sore too, but definitely not infected(trying to keep it that way).

HH, Aaron

abeach01

May 9, 2010
USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
Re: superglue was used on my back surgery and neck fusion

Superglue is used as commonplace in the medical field. You may even be able to find medical grade superglue on the web. hate to say it but the peroxide is just intensifying the cut because it is opening it up again every time you use it by removing the scab. scabs do have bad germs on them but it covers the wound which speeds up the healing. If the scab is removed ever day it will take forever to heal. I personally use liquid bandage right on the bad spot then build up a few layers of super glue on top of it and making the spot larger with each coat. Works great

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey, so sorry to hear of your wound. One of our lifeguards, got same bad bad cut, on heel too!
Took a little time to heal, so give yourself that, and think good healing thoughts!

Yes, keep the peroxide and alcohol off the wound now! While they are good to use, when first injured, they do destroy good tissue, as you are healing, and can be counter-productive.
Keep up with the triple anibiotic, and WATCH for redness! Or red streaks starting up your leg,(I almost had to have my foot apmutated because of blood poisoning, from a small cut).
When was last time you got tetenus shot? Just a thought.

Sweety, I did find a gold grill yesterday, my 4th, so far. I'll get pics later for ya!
I also have not been detectoring for 2 weeks now, so I was very grateful for my find.
Sometimes, there are other things, need our attention, please do try to find a productive way to fulfill yourself,
till you can join us again, in that fight for the gold!
Get and stay well, my friend!

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the words of encouragement everyone! Yesterday evening I felt that it had healed enough to do the Super Glue trick. I have used "New Skin" liquid bandage before, but this cut was much larger and deeper than anything I've had in the past so I really wanted to give it a bit to heal before I glued it. So I took a little of everyones advice. I first applied 2 or 3 coats of Liquid bandage(new skin) then added a few coats of Super glue to a little larger surface area. Well today it felt MUCH better and I am confident that I will be able to get out swinging this weekend(if not sooner). I am hearing about some serious sanding in going on in my area and even the Beach cams show that there is a lot more sand in close than usual. But then I see the nice Antique Gold posted by Herb n Surf(not to mention the onyx and diamonds!!) and it makes me feel better! I'm going to hit it hard Sat and Sun and hopefully the Gold Gods will be smiling upon me!

Thanks again everyone for keeping me motivated!

HH, Aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread