My first ring!

Psubs579

Greenie
May 4, 2011
Picked up a vacation spot down on the texas coast so I had to try metal detecting. I got a new Excal II about 2 months ago and have hunted 4 times now. I've pulled LOTS of can slaw, pull tabs, a few bucks in clad (I've found several spots where I dig multiple coins...people seem to lose coins in clumps) but no jewelry so far. Yesterday I got my first ring...too bad it's just plated (and wearing off at that). Wonder what the base metal is?

Here are some shots:

IMAG0084.jpg

I almost didn't think it was a piece of jewelry till I saw the hallmark...any clue what it is? I'm thinking it's just a maker's mark (the mark looks like "-KC"):

IMAG0085.jpg

After the first 3 hunts I was beginning to doubt my purchase. I am getting a much better hang of the machine after about 15 total hours (I definitly think I know the sound of aluminum >:( however, I still dig every hit).

Upvote 0

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
all it takes is one ring, junk or not, to get hooked :wink: keep diggin them up and the gold will show up :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congs on your first ring. I got my Ecal last year and I am still learning it. Last year I got 37 rings with it and 14 of them was gold. So far this year I have only found 5 rings, 2 are gold other junk kids rings. So good luck. I always say if you are not finding it you have not put the coil over it yet.....Happy hunting.......Matt

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No stopping you now. Congratulations

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woo-Hoo! Concratulations! Now that the monkey is off your back, may they come fast and furious! :headbang: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread