Hoopin & Scoopin Jones Beach, New York

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoopin' & Scoopin' Jones Beach, New York

My Honey and I rolled outta a very comfy bed at 4:15am, and headed for Jones Beach State Park on Long Island, 54-miles; $12-in tolls (RT); One-highway; Six-parkways; and Two-bridges away! :help: We arrived at 5:30am, and found a beautiful 19" cut! Three-and-a-half-hours later, I was Forty-cents richer, and had a couple more hoop earrings to add to the pile.

The good news is it was a Beautiful morning, my honey got to meet Joe G. and some of the other local hunters, and Joe got a beautiful 14kt Gold crucifix and rosary! C'mon Friday morning! :headbang: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IttyJ1.jpg
    IttyJ1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 333
  • ItJoTer2.jpg
    ItJoTer2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 328
  • ItJoTer.jpg
    ItJoTer.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hoopin' & Scoopin' Jones Beach, New York

Good excercise and good company what else can someone ask for.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pics, Terry :icon_thumright:

Looks like you had lots of fun :hello2:

Lorraine

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Never a bad day at the beach detecting. Besides, every low production day gets you closer to the best find ever. Get up early tomorrow and do it again. PS when are you coming down to fl? There's a ton of people at our beaches right now . A chance for you and the misses to find some fresh drops. Take care- H :icon_sunny:erb

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop

Hey Terry, good hunt, good company, good day at the beach. :icon_thumright: I loved the new Sand Shark at the beach last weekend. Very stable operation, really good depth, easy pinpointing. But I could not get the coil to stay down when I walked into the surf. It would catch the current and flip up no matter how tight I wrenched on the nylon bolt holding the coil. Had to go back to my DF with the new weight and coil support. It worked great. I have to do the same for my Sand Shark. Both machines seem relatively equal in my early test of them. I will try hunting both machines on the next few hunts for an objective opinion as to their strengths and weeknesses....HH...Stuart

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

search and recovery said:
Hey Terry, good hunt, good company, good day at the beach. :icon_thumright: I loved the new Sand Shark at the beach last weekend. Very stable operation, really good depth, easy pinpointing. But I could not get the coil to stay down when I walked into the surf. It would catch the current and flip up no matter how tight I wrenched on the nylon bolt holding the coil. Had to go back to my DF with the new weight and coil support. It worked great. I have to do the same for my Sand Shark. Both machines seem relatively equal in my early test of them. I will try hunting both machines on the next few hunts for an objective opinion as to their strengths and weeknesses....HH...Stuart

I think that would be fantastic! I think the two machines are pretty close as well, but I think the Shark is much easier to use and service. The coil on mine did flip up a lot the first few hunts. I attribute that to 60-percent technique, and 40-percent newness of the rubber grommets and plastic bolt (still slick, needs a little sand etching to lock tighter). Once you get use to using it in the surf, the flip-up problem goes away. :thumbsup:

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state

I used to live on Long Island, I never had any luck at Jones Beach or Robert Moses. I sure wish I was there instead of WA state though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions