40 Hours of Finds....

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I'd show everyone my finds for my first 40hrs worth of detecting. This is the good, the bad and the ugly. The only thing I forgot to take a picture of was the junk jewelry(a dozen hoops and some misc. junk earings etc.) All the jewelry pictured is Gold, Silver, or Platinum. None of the ice is real but they are CZ's in 925 settings. A few large trash items have been disposed of, but other than that, this is everything dug in 40hrs mostly in the water on pretty popular(also well hunted) beaches.

The Junk:

023-1.jpg

And the Jewelry:

020.jpg

021-1.jpg

022.jpg

HH, Aaron

Upvote 0

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Really great finds. Congratulations. What type of scoop are you using for the small targets?

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Herb! I have the RTG pro Aluminum so all of the small items slip through :( My method is after I know this is happening I try and get the item in the scoop and then carry it to shore and dump it to find the item. This works SOMETIMES. Sometimes I am lucky and am in shallow enough water that I can see the item after it falls through the holes on the bottom(seldom). I have since put some finer screen in the bottom of my scoop and will try it this weekend. I haven't been hunting for 3 weeks due to my cut foot. I'm going to give it a go this weekend though.

Aaron

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, stpauli :headbang:

I like that little owl..is it an earring?

L

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorrain,

Thank you! Yes it is an earing. It is 10K but very small. .6 grams. Cool design though!

Aaron

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of targets, digging and nice jewelry. Reminds me of the song "Works Hard For The Money" WTG!!

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice !!! , hope you left some for me i got a full tank of gas this weekend :icon_pirat:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freakin' AWESOME Aaron! :notworthy: :notworthy: :hello2:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great haul. Cant wait to see your next 40 hours. :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Thanks Herb! I have the RTG pro Aluminum so all of the small items slip through :( My method is after I know this is happening I try and get the item in the scoop and then carry it to shore and dump it to find the item. This works SOMETIMES. Sometimes I am lucky and am in shallow enough water that I can see the item after it falls through the holes on the bottom(seldom). I have since put some finer screen in the bottom of my scoop and will try it this weekend. I haven't been hunting for 3 weeks due to my cut foot. I'm going to give it a go this weekend though.

Aaron

Nice finds....

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a single piece of aluminum gutter screen. Put it on the bottom back third of the scoop as you look down inside the scoop. I did this to mine, it goes up 1/3 of the side where the handle fits and the back 1/3 of the bottom that the handle is on. When you hold your scoop for draining this is the primary area the sand drains from last......If you cover the whole bottom of the scoop it will drain very slow, I found the back bottom third seems to work real well.......

I used Marine epoxy to glue mine on, after 2 years it is still glued there....

Good luck and good hunting...

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I put some 1/4" galvanized screen in the bottom and it still drains pretty quick and catches the smaller stuff now.

Oh, add another gold ring to my count for 42 1/2hrs of hunting :icon_pirat:

Aaron

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Thanks guys! I put some 1/4" galvanized screen in the bottom and it still drains pretty quick and catches the smaller stuff now.

Oh, add another gold ring to my count for 42 1/2hrs of hunting :icon_pirat:

Aaron
I put the exact same thing in my pro scoop and it works great, drains quick and catches the tiny stuff. :icon_thumleft:

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
:o ohhhh! that shiny stuff sure looks good right about now (with the prices of the metals) :laughing9: looks like you did good! :thumbsup: :headbang:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Lorrain,

Thank you! Yes it is an earing. It is 10K but very small. .6 grams. Cool design though!

Aaron

It is a really cool design, Aaron...I like owls; never saw an earring like that...nice find

L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread