stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

So I Super Glued and taped up my foot this morning and hit the beach! 1st time since 7/9 when I cut my foot. Water was glass smooth with a light East wind. I stepped in the water about 6:20am and had my first signal immediately!! Glance in the scoop and even in the dim light I can see it is a ring!!! Woooohoooo!! 1st target!! Looked like a wedding band but there wasn't enough light yet to tell much else. I also like to torture myself and wait until I get home before I look for marks. It was light so I didn't have my hopes up toooo high :) 30 seconds later another hit!! Now remember I haven't even made it to waist deep water yet!! Heavy earing with ice in it!!! Once again I can't make out color or anything yet since its still fairly dark. I stick it in my pouch and think to myself, wow, if I don't find anything else this entire hunt I will be happy!! I guess I shouldn't have thought that so soon :) The rest of the 2 1/2hrs netted a bunch of pocket spills and a broken junk earing. I was washing off the detector afterwards and couldn't wait to get home to check the ring so I pulled it out of my pouch and saw the gleam of yellow gold!! 10K. Its a lightweight though only 2.1 grams but I am NOT complaining!!!! Thats my story for this morning and I still have to check the earing and ice, no stamps but heavy and had a nice medium tone on the excal so fingers crossed.

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-5.jpg

HH, Aaron

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm Baaaaack!! GOLD!!!!

Nice ring find Aaron.... Well done :thumbsup:
Hope the super glue and tape held up for you
and you don't get infected. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy to hear you are back with a healed foot and were able to get that elusive GOLD!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah Baby! :headbang: Woo-Hoo! You go boy! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

congrats on the ring but I like the earring!

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks guys! Does anyone else get kind of a weird like "relief" feeling after finding gold when you haven't found any in a while? Its hard to explain but its kind of like "OK I can relax now since I've got my quota for a while" feeling. Now granted, I am still just as motivated to find the next one, but I do feel kind of different for the rest of the hunt at least.

I can't wait to see everyone elses finds from this weekend!!! You can bet I'll be out bright and early tomorrow :)

HH,
Aaron

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice goin' , Aaron! :headbang:

That's a beautiful ring find! :hello2:

Glad that your foot is improving

Lorraine

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x

Good job Aaron, that's a great hunt!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop

Good finds Aaron :icon_thumright: I find I relax after a good find and do not have the same focus on Gold jewelry after that. Once the focus is lost, I do not do as well after that point being reached. Something I have to work on. Seeing everyones finds on this site really gets me pumped up for the next time out. Which will be later this coming week. ...HH...Stuart

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Glad you'r feeling better . Your back ,better then ever . Way to go!!! :hello2:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

I went 4 months without finding gold. (About 100 hours of hunting) I was getting discouraged, big time. Especially when I would see on here that others, that hunted the same area, were. I wasn't even finding silver and hardly even any junk jewelry to speak of. Then, out popped a 9.8 g 14k wedding ring. Phew! What a relief!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread