Visiting Baltimore

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! . . . walk down any street in Baltimore day or night . . . you will have plenty of swinging for sure!

:-x

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy Point State Park, 3O minutes from Baltimore, but hunting is from 6 am to 9 am only..I'm guessing dry sand?

OP
OP
N2CU

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, dry sand. However, the 6AM-9AM limit really puts a damper on it. I'm staying in Jessup so it's only a short drive but my son has an appointment downtown at 8AM so... thanks anyway.

littlebill31

Jul 2, 2011
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Ya, you need a permit to hunt in Maryland, except on beaches. You can always call Maryland DNR to find out. The best place in the, somewhat, immediate area would be in the Gunpowder river, east of Towson. Most of this though is state park or private land, so a permit is required or by written permission. I grew up on the little Gunpowder and used to find tons of stuff.
Sandy Point is in Annapolis, at the base of the Bay Bridge. Reddish sand, but lots of bathers to lose things.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Is a permit required at SP? Is detecting permitted in the water?
Marc

No permit at Sandy Point, gate fee of 5 dollars, detecting the water and dry is Ok...Several hunters on the weekend, very few during the week. Memorial Day to Labor Day...6am to 9am..Gunpower State Park you can only hunt after labor day (early sept) And detect anytime till Memorial Day (late May). Same for Sandy point.................Now if you have a Boat, send me a PM..Got 64 OldBeach's that once were, in my GPS, most private now, or just gone.....still huntable, ONLY from the water.......23 month's this will be me........

Attachments

• Pirate Joe (4).jpg
    Pirate Joe (4).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Pirate Joe (4).jpg
    Pirate Joe (4).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 110

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions