4th water hunt with the PI... Gold!

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been lurking here for a while, never really had anything to post.. til today.. Got out at 5am for a negative low tide, l.t. was at 3:45 so it was slowly starting to come in. Got some pull tabs, lead sinkers, etc. then pulled up a white gold ring, thought it may have been a ruby, but 2 jewelers say garnet.. still gold though!

2.99 grams 14k

First gold with the new Sand Shark! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• rubyring2.JPG
    rubyring2.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: GARNET'S ..... RUBY'S .........GOLD , :laughing7: IT'S ALL GOOD !!!! :icon_thumleft:,

MAKE A REEL NICE GIFT FOR THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE :wink: :wink: :wink: :icon_pirat:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
great start. A real beauty. :hello2: :hello2:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Beautiful GOLD RING! :icon_thumright: Congrats! I bought a Sand Shark as my backup water unit a couple of weeks ago, but have not been able to keep the coil from flipping up in the surf. Have you had this problem with yours, and if so how did you handle it? Thanks...Stuart. I am going to make a coil support for mine. The one that Tesoro makes does not fit properly.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking ring....congratulations
to you. Keep 'em coming! Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
Aka Nameless

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.

search and recovery said:
Beautiful GOLD RING! :icon_thumright: Congrats! I bought a Sand Shark as my backup water unit a couple of weeks ago, but have not been able to keep the coil from flipping up in the surf. Have you had this problem with yours, and if so how did you handle it? Thanks...Stuart. I am going to make a coil support for mine. The one that Tesoro makes does not fit properly.

Ya I have the 10.5" coil, and live where the waves are big and currents are strong, coil flip is a big problem, if the coil is pointed towards a wave when it goes over, it tries to flip, i've found if I walk parallel to the beach, so the side of the detector is facing the waves, coil flip isn't too bad... I'm thinking abotu ordering the coil brace from kellyco that says it fits all Tesoro's.. Is this the one you have that doesn't fit?

But ya, coil support is something I really need to buy, or make..

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nameless, That is the coil support I ordered. It does not even come close to fitting the Sand Shark correctly. The ears on the coil are angled and the plexiglass is thin. When you tighten up the coil bolt it leaves the plexiglass in a bind and will crack it. I made a custom coil support this morning. It will last a long time without any problems. I had to use 1/4 inch plexiglass and use my grinder to shave about half the thickness of the plexiglass around the coil ear on the side that I put it on. Sorry, I am at work right now or I would post a picture for you. I found that my bandsaw made easy cutting of the plexiglass if you are handy withh tools. If not PM me and I can make one for you in a few minutes. It sure looks like the coil ears or shaft connectors could be improved so the coils would stay in place. I have to do the same thing for my Whites DF because of the weight I added to the coil tends to pull the coil down on the wet sand when I am out of the water....Stuart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread