🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Awww that sucks. I hope you can get it fixed.

JC_shipwrecked.gif

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Happened to a friend, Joe in Maryland..called Garrett ..had one sent before he mail his return..they will takecare of you...

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Happened to a friend, Joe in Maryland..called Garrett ..had one sent before he mail his return..they will takecare of you...
How did he get them to send a new one before they got his old one? Thanks.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OldeBeechnut. :icon_thumleft:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
That is the worst possible feeling. My DF quit on me a couple a weeks ago. Coil went bad after only two months. Whites had it back to me a week after I mailed it in. I bought a Sand Shark as a backup unit. Never going to keep me out of the water again on a trip. Hope you are back up and hunting soon.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard what is causing the AT pros to leak? What is Garrett doing to fix the problem? I feel like anyone that uses their AT pro in the water is going to eventually spring a leak.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crackerjohn said:
THAT BLOWS, hope your up and running soon , my expierence with garrett on my seahunter problems have been awesome, my

head phones craped out and they sent a pair quick. i want an AT PRO someday do you like it ? :icon_pirat:
I don't like it, I love it. I use it in fresh and saltwater. If I could have any water detector I wanted, it would be the AT pro. I use it on land too, I found a 4 gram gold ring on a soccer field 3 days ago. Garrett will get this straightend out, I'm not giving up on the AT pro.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
Sorry!!! I lost my Sand Shark all of last summer, You have a back up?
No water back up. Ive got my ACE 250. The little yellow feller has been neglected since I got the ATpro. He's been good to me in the past, time to dust him off.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unfortunately Garrett has had lots of problems with there new detector. They are well aware of this and have been replacing them without questions. Several buddies have send them back in the beginning for the touchy coil problem only to have them leak after fixing. Now It seems they just mail a new one after you contact them. Garrett has always been good with there customers. I have wanted to get one just to have with me all the time, since they are low price. Just throw in the truck not have to worry about an expensive detector walking or being damaged! I am just waiting for the bugs to get taken care of. Good luck hope your back detecting soon.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap NJ said:
Unfortunately Garrett has had lots of problems with there new detector. They are well aware of this and have been replacing them without questions. Several buddies have send them back in the beginning for the touchy coil problem only to have them leak after fixing. Now It seems they just mail a new one after you contact them. Garrett has always been good with there customers. I have wanted to get one just to have with me all the time, since they are low price. Just throw in the truck not have to worry about an expensive detector walking or being damaged! I am just waiting for the bugs to get taken care of. Good luck hope your back detecting soon.
Thanks, yeah thats the smart thing to do, wait until they get these issues fixed before you buy an AT pro. :icon_thumleft:

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Same thing happened to my AT. I had it back within 7 days...from the time I dropped it off at the post office to the time I got it back. My AT Pro is actually my second machine, and I prefer to use my Excal. But my Excal died on me the other day and now it is being repaired. The AT Pro is really coming through for me though......really, really like it!

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Sorry to hear about your detector going bad . I had my Whites pi pro leak 3 times . Grows old after a while . Hope you get up and running soon.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Total bummer, man! I've heard a few stories like this and they're making me not want to totally submerge mine. I'll definitely do some water hunting but I think I'll keep the control box above water. I hope you have a replacement soon.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must811 said:
Same thing happened to my AT. I had it back within 7 days...from the time I dropped it off at the post office to the time I got it back. My AT Pro is actually my second machine, and I prefer to use my Excal. But my Excal died on me the other day and now it is being repaired. The AT Pro is really coming through for me though......really, really like it!
Hope I can get mine back that quick. Did they say what caused the leak?

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See my post on the Garrett forum. Same thing happened to mine. Sent it back they repaired it got it back and it didn't work right after repairs. Sent it back again 2 Mondays ago still waiting on a new one or a repaired one. Basically been without it for since mid June.

OP
OP
lookindown

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT pro is on the way to Garrett. The technician guaranteed it would not leak again,That's what I wanted to hear. I also sent the money for the upgrade package.

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what does the upgrade entail?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions