HELP - I need recommendations on a Finds Pouch that will work for the water

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Guys!

Just starting Fresh and Salt water hunting and my pouch has a little pocket with a zipper for the good stuff. The other metal stuff just floats in the pouch and I am worried about it eventually floating out or falling out while I am detecting meaning I would have to hunt the same targets. Once I get a nail up with my Pulse Induction machine I don' :help:t want it floating back out of my pouch to the bottom of the lake or shore for me to dig again?

Are there any pouches that will work in salt water and wont rust??

Thanks

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I have to publicly thank the Sandman for all the tips and opinions he has freely given over the years.

We are not all perfect, least of all, me! I have given up posting mostly because of the repeated questions over and over again. Plus, I have a difficult time dealing with moronic agitators.

Sandman at least has the patience to try to answer the questions of the uninformed.

I have spoken!

Ralph

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Montauk3 said:
I think I have to publicly thank the Sandman for all the tips and opinions he has freely given over the years.

We are not all perfect, least of all, me! I have given up posting mostly because of the repeated questions over and over again. Plus, I have a difficult time dealing with moronic agitators.

Sandman at least has the patience to try to answer the questions of the uninformed.

I have spoken!

Ralph

Hear-Hear! I second that emotion! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2:

PS - Unions are communistic in nature. America does not need Unions, as employment laws made them outdated in the 1960s. If you are stupid enough to give 25-cents of every dollar you earn to pay for a union building and staff, you deserve nothing but ridicule. Nine-percent unemployment? Lot's of good folks will be walking across picket lines with a BIG smile on their faces!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Captain Loosechange said:
...If you had been reading my reply instead of climbing onto your allmighty soap box you would have seen that I was talking about the scoop being tethered to the pouch to "drag behind in the sand" and how it aided in gridding, of course I assumed any grown person that could read and write would know not to tether it to themselves in a body of water with a current. So I also should have put "Don't put your finds in your mouth because you could choke" in there too. I guess I should just let the "Experts" like you or should I say "know it alls like you" answer any and all questions from now on. You always give these awesome nuggets of advice, but you know I can't remember the last find worth a crap that you posted????

Hey Captain! I trust you have gotten all "that" out, and have had time to pour yourself a strong one, have the private nurse check the blood pressure, and relax a bit. I didn't know about the "boycott" either - and I still shop at Wally World anyway! That said, a lot of people - including myself, will NEVER post thier gold or diamond finds here, or any place else. There are myriad reasons. Two of my top ten, are ex-wives! Maybe Sandman was just typing - and not attacking. It always stings when a poster personally attacks, rather than disagrees in a brotherly way. I hate unions and unionism, but I still have good friends that I respect, trust and love who are union members. Hmmm.. imagine that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Loosechange said:
Ok first, I didn't know anything about the "Wal-Mart Boycott" and I don't appreciate being "shamed" about something that I was not aware of, guess I'm not in that "click", second fine boycott whoever the hell you want to, I was answering a fellows post about what to use for a pouch for water hunting and I was giving him my suggestion, I'm sure the hiring practices and foreign goods situation is no better for the companies that manufacture your metal detectors, scoops, batteries, automobile you use to get to the beach and so on so look in the mirror and "shame" that guy as well. If you had been reading my reply instead of climbing onto your allmighty soap box you would have seen that I was talking about the scoop being tethered to the pouch to "drag behind in the sand" and how it aided in gridding, of course I assumed any grown person that could read and write would know not to tether it to themselves in a body of water with a current. So I also should have put "Don't put your finds in your mouth because you could choke" in there too. I guess I should just let the "Experts" like you or should I say "know it alls like you" answer any and all questions from now on. You always give these awesome nuggets of advice, but you know I can't remember the last find worth a crap that you posted????

Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed.......Sandman has posted tips from his years of experience, and shared his knowledge here for years which is far, far more valuable than posting pictures of any finds. What does posting a find accomplish, very little.......The knowledge he has shared here has helped hundreds and hundreds of members if not more......

Just because someone hasn't posted pictures doesn't mean they haven't found something. I didn't post a ring with diamonds and saphires either..........

Montauk3 said:

I have spoken!

Ralph

Times 2 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread