First hunt with the Sand Shark

bucketheadben

Aug 22, 2010
Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I just got in my Sand Shark and immediately took it to the beach. After a couple of hours, this is what I turned up with. I had a blast and I got enough clad to pay for my next beach toll! I see why you guys have magnets on your scoops. I was out there chasing a hair pin for 20 min. Anyways, I'll be back in the water tomorrow. I'm hooked!

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
good luck w/ your new detector and happy hunting . BTW listen closely for a double beep which sometimes tips you off that you might be chasing a bobby pin . The more you use the detector the less junk you will need to dig.

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, I too have just purchased a Sand Shark will be hitting a beach in Washington State on Tuesday. I can't wait to get out and search. Good Luck and Keep us posted on your finds.

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PI plus double beep = bobby pin.

Sand Fleee

Aug 2, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Surf PI, Xcal, M6
HI guys, :icon_sunny:

I too have just purchased a Sand Shark about a month ago!
the more you go, the better your chances are! O and
of course you dig allot of junk too.... but I love it! HAPPY HUNTING to all.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bucketheadben said:
I just got in my Sand Shark and immediately took it to the beach. After a couple of hours, this is what I turned up with. I had a blast and I got enough clad to pay for my next beach toll! I see why you guys have magnets on your scoops. I was out there chasing a hair pin for 20 min. Anyways, I'll be back in the water tomorrow. I'm hooked!

Congrats! Gold and Silver are coming! Here are some pics from my last 5-hours at Jones Beach, on Long Island, New York with my Sand Shark.

Attachments

• asdfg.jpg
    asdfg.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 303

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like there is very limited detecting on Washington Beaches, I don't expect to find as much as I would on California or Florida Beaches. I travel in an RV full time so my plan is to just slowly head south will keep you posted.

OP
OP
bucketheadben

bucketheadben

Aug 22, 2010
Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I plan on digging everything, including the double beeps. You can never be certain it's a bobby pin until you see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread