New detector coming!

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered a brand new Excalibur II with a 10" coil from Kellyco. Also ordered an Anderson over under shaft, but that's on backorder, so who knows when I'll get that. If it takes too long I'll just cancel that part of the order and pick up another shaft somewhere else. Detector should be here on Wednesday or Thursday! Can't wait to hit the beach and give it a whirl!!! :hello2:

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dirtdigger1581 said:
Just ordered a brand new Excalibur II with a 10" coil from Kellyco. Also ordered an Anderson over under shaft, but that's on backorder, so who knows when I'll get that. If it takes too long I'll just cancel that part of the order and pick up another shaft somewhere else. Detector should be here on Wednesday or Thursday! Can't wait to hit the beach and give it a whirl!!! :hello2:

Best of luck and Big Gold to you! :headbang: :thumbsup:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great choice .That's a real nice detector . Good luck w/ your MD'ing

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
dirtdigger1581 said:

If they take to long on your Anderson Over/Under Rod check into a Rod made by Plugger. They make both the Aluminum and the Carbin rods and seems to have a better price. I personally own a Plugger Over/ Under Rod for My Excalibur II and really like it.

Just my two cents worth. Rick:coffee2:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Lol, you'll be begging for that straight shaft after one outing! ;D
Send Gravediggermax a pm and he'll give you direct contact with Andersons probably. Or as the guy above said "Rods_by_plugger" on ebay. I also have plugger shafts on mine and they're great. Either way, the difference between the "s" shaft and a straight is phenomenal.
Best of luck. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I took the advice of Rockin Chairs Gold and ordered a plugger's 3 piece travel shaft, and will keep the Anderson shaft on order as well. Good to have a backup I guess. Plus I'll be able to compare the two to see which I like better. Thanks for the input everyone!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You'll be more than pleased...both ways lol. While you with plugger you should have ordered a set of his replacement pots, a padded headband for the Excal's headphones, and he also does a very nice finds pouch.

OP
OP
dirtdigger1581

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano, I did order a set of knobs as well. Didn't know anything about the padded headphone band, but might look into that in the future. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread