Anybody see this scoop before? VIDEO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth the money to me.....If your hunting a lake or a vollyball court it will work, but in the surf the sides are not high enough to stop the sand from falling out before you can recover the target. It has no top to the scoop either......waist to chest deep in the water of a saltwater beach it would NOT work well....

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$225 LOL

$150 is already too much for a water scoop, and the $150 models on the market are 10x better than that crap scoop.

That thing will only work on dry sand, and you can get a good dry sand scoop for under $50...

In the water that scoop would be like a kite, pulled around by the waves/currents. Very poor design.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of like the handle with the loops for setting the point and lifting it. But this thing isn't suited for salt water surf. I would rather have a Sunspot Stealth. http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Notice all the targets are very shallow...rare but not impossible. Gotta say I seen one at the beach my last trip down, looked different.........

You want a scoop that is very lite and as big as you can handle for hunting the sand....

For me...Diablo soon....Hits hard and deep...and drains fast....... 13 inchs long, 7.5 inch wide...SS model is less then 5 pounds, aluminum is around 3 pounds 13 oz's.......Aluminum video..

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They gotta be kidding!!

OP
OP
K

Kamil

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2011
OldeBeechnut said:
Notice all the targets are very shallow...rare but not impossible. Gotta say I seen one at the beach my last trip down, looked different.........

You want a scoop that is very lite and as big as you can handle for hunting the sand....

For me...Diablo soon....Hits hard and deep...and drains fast....... 13 inchs long, 7.5 inch wide...SS model is less then 5 pounds, aluminum is around 3 pounds 13 oz's.......Aluminum video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInLPXijE70

Where can I get this "diablo"? Link to a website or anything like that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread