-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is a true story!

Last October I was detectin in about 2 foot of water, St. Pete's Beach. I hit a target. As I was fingering through the scoop, eliminating shells, etc, I came down to a closed shell and when I opened it, it had a damn pull tab in it!

I wonder if the shell sucked the tab in it while alive or if by freak, the tab drifted into the dead shell......... ???

Attachments

• beach finds.010.JPG
    beach finds.010.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the darndest looking pearl I've ever seen!!!! ;)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That must be the rare and elusive pull tab pearl. If you find more, can you still make a necklace from them??

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a find, Amassing !!
These things suck everything, and if its no food, they spit it out !!!
Digman.

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
Maybe you just solved the riddle of where pulltabs really come from. Now I have to change my whole way of thinking thanks to you. I hope your happy now! Nice pic, if you find any more then its a shell fish trend. I do wonder how it got there,but I wont lose any sleep trying to figure it out. But if you do figure it out would you please let us know. Any how,,,way to go and keep it up, you should mount it or something. On a board of course.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread