Ocean City and Bethany Help Needed

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
OK, I have never detected at the beach beofre, I am a relic and coin hunter. I am going up to my parents place in Bethany for a short vacation, and thought I would hit the beach. I have borrowed a beach machine from a friend, so I cqan hunt dry or wet.

I have seen many posts refering to not being able to hunt on the beach during the day, that you have to wait until after 5pm. I have also seen posts of people putting up video of hunting whle people are all over the beach. I have looked through the forums here, and done some google searches, but have still had little luck in figuring this out.

For anyone who knows, when can I, and can I not, hunt on these beaches? Any pointers or reccomendations on where I should go?

I figured on hitting Bethany at the crack of dawn, as it is less than a mile from where I am staying, but will there be anythign there? Are people out scouring the beaches in the evening to get whatever people lost during the day?

Thanks for any help!
Andy

Upvote 0

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030

tabjunkie

Greenie
Aug 22, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,at pro,ace250
unless you live within walking distance of the beaches you will NOT be able to get near any until late Mon. or Tues.
the bridges going into OC will be closed going into the resort and you can bet the State Police will be posted all along
Rt. 1 well before getting to the DE beaches. Plus, Coastal HWY will flood between the ocean and bay so unless you have a boat
Coin Beach will be off limits. However, if you end up getting on the beach give me a heads up and I'm there

OP
OP
SMPress

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, I don't go through OC to get to Bethany, I don't know the names of the roads I take, but it is all out in the corn fields. I still have to cross the Bay Bridge though.

I am not leaving until Wednesday afternoon, my first attempt to hunt the beach will be Thursday morning. The Hurricane is supposed to hit on Sunday, so i am hoping that things somewhat normalize between Monday and Wednesday. May be hopeful thinking on my part, I don't know. We had the trip planned a month ago, so I hope it goes off, my 4 year old daughter is incredibly excited about going tot he beach, I would hate to have to tell her we aren't going now...

If I find anything, and the chances are probably slim, I will certainly be posting about it...

Thanks guys
Andy

OP
OP
SMPress

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Wow, who is going ot have to clean that stuff? Looks a total mess. May have to give up on beach hunting this week, but we will see, there are still 3 days to recover before i get there. Here in Southern maryalnd, there wasnt much going on, lost 1 tree, and have some branches laying around, otherwise, all is good. It is 0700 here and the skies are prefectly clear...

Andy

OP
OP
SMPress

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Guess I spoke too soon, it is raining and windy again, must have been a lull. anyway, I still think the worst is past us...

OP
OP
SMPress

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
That will be good for the locals and tourists, not so good for my hunting possibilities...

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OC reopens for residents and bussiness owners 1000am everyone else it reopens at 1200pm :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks guys on the reopening times, jeff get us a couple pic's...won't be down till later in the week

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty to find on the beach today, to say it was good to me would be an understatement. :wink: Hopefully it won't sand back in to fast.

Sussthc

Aug 14, 2011
I was at "coin beach" this afternoon into the evening . A lot of people out a lot of them were rookies.
After a few hours in the surf and sand .. Nothing talked to a few hunters again nothing. It should of been prime time. I have been going to Delaware beaches for 30 years. Knave played on the beach with my family for years watching people detect That's what got me started.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Early birds got the worms, Very first in the right local.... 20 gold..2 hunters....Congrads to them ....is there more?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Turning into a Gold Rush..several well known hunters there tuesday.......Few from the midwest, from the southern territory, who know from else where. Guess I gotta Go now........

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck out there I know you guys will get some of the yellow. It's killing me not to be able to go again till Wednesday after the hunt I had Sunday. Work sorta got in the way Mon & Tues. I'll be back Wed for low tide there is still plenty to find. :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Ocean City........... as fast as it Came......gone now

Top Member Reactions