First beach hunt of the year gives up silver and gold!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this has been a pretty crappy season for detecting for me, mainly because I haven't had much chance to do it.

But today I went out to the closest lake beach. A lake that is almost 6 feet below normal due to the drought. I figured the local who had been cleaning out the dry sand area for the last couple years had cleaned this place out by now.

I had mostly given up on this place because it's an hour away, and the in-water finds have gotten fewer and fewer. I hadn't found jewelry here for a while, and even junk was getting hard to find in the water.

Today was completely different! The entire swimming area is dry sand now. I walked out started heading straight for the water. Immediately I started getting signal after signal. A half-dozen VERY crusty coins and tons of pull tabs, even a lot of beaver-tails.

I don't have a problem digging tabs because it means no one is digging the gold signals. Beaver tails tell me OLD junk = much better chance for gold.

In that first lane towards the water I found that beautiful gold color in my scoop, right behind a patch of pull tabs! Last lane (#4) gave me a silver toe-ring. It has been here a long time because I have never seen silver as crusty and nasty as this was!

I only hunted for 3 hours because I was getting fried by the sun (it was 103 degrees). So the beach that was down to producing nothing, gave up more money, more jewelry, and the first gold I've ever gotten from there. I plan on being there first thing Sunday!

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on the return hunt.
Hope ya find some more gold.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kage said:
Good luck to ya, hope ya guy's get whatever rain's ya need too.

Yeah, we need rain but right now I'm hoping its going to be a little bit longer so I can keep hitting this spot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread