Gold, Silver, and Diamonds this morning!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit it early this morning and was rewarded!! 2hrs 45 minutes total. Found the 3 stone ring first and almost fell over until I saw the stamp. Oh well, PD 925, does that mean Palladium and Silver? Next was a little stud earing that took me 5 minutes to get out of my scoop because it got caught in my 1/4" screen. A little bit later I got that sweet sounding mid tone on the excal and thought this may be good :) Imagine my grin when I saw the bracelet in the bottom of the scoop!! Two tone 10K with 40 diamond chips!! Tested the diamonds and they are good!!! Weighs out at 7.4 grams and the wife really likes it :-\ ::) Finished the morning with the fake ice encrusted cross. Clad count was over $2 and an unusually large percentage of quarters! Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store :)

Bling001.jpg

Bling021.jpg

Bling022.jpg

Bling016.jpg

Bling011.jpg

Bling014.jpg

Bling024.jpg

Bling023.jpg

HH,
Aaron

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, Sorry about your Loss on the Bracelet, Red would have Snatched that from me in less that a Heart beat!!!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some sweet finds, congrads!!! Extra special when the wife likes it! The PD might be a maker's mark or a manufacturer? 925 should be silver! Anyway you did Great!

SnT

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! She didn't show much interest until she heard the diamond tester beeping and said "whats that?" I said "That means the diamonds are real" she said "DIAMONDS?" Yeah, that was all :)

4 diamonds per link times 10 links ;D

Bling012.jpg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PD stamping should be palladium unless it's inside a triangle, diamond, or something else that would be a makers mark.

At $750 an ounce, you should be hoping it's palladium! Did you test the stones on it? Never seen real diamonds set in sterling, but I guess anything could be possible.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I am definitely hoping it is palladium. I just wonder why it would be stamped both PD and 925? Will Palladium test as silver with a silver test kit? The stones aren't real, I tested them :(

Aaron

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Oh, I am definitely hoping it is palladium. I just wonder why it would be stamped both PD and 925? Will Palladium test as silver with a silver test kit? The stones aren't real, I tested them :(

Aaron

Palladium is stamped with 850, 900, 950 never seen or heard of 925 on Palladium? :dontknow:. But you never know, I would take it to a jeweler and make sure!!!

SnT

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be Palladium with a silver setting for the CZ's??

Can anyone test Palladium with a silver kit and see if it turns red like silver does?

Aaron

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:

Aaron

Great findsstpauli914..I love that bracelet! :headbang:

Here is some info I found on the PD 925 stamping; it is from a "question/answer" format site:

21. Sofia - April 30, 2008
Hi there…I just purchased a ring marked PD 925 on the inside. The stone is “orange” mesures 17mm long and 12mm wide and it has smaller white stones surrounding it. I know 925 stands for sterling but what does the PD in capital letters stand for. Thank You

22. Jill Renee - May 19, 2008
Dear Sofia,
Your ring should be 92.5% Palladium from the stamping you describe.
However I think it is stamped incorrectly and probably is an alloy which is 925 Sterling Silver with Palladium added. I do not know how much Palladium the alloy contains from the stamp you describe, but the PD means Palladium. Thank you. Sincerely, Jill Renee

Congrats on terrific detecting!

Lorraine

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorrain,

Thank you for that info! I am guessing that a jeweler can test for Palladium content? It sounds like it is still up in the air.

Aaron

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Could it be Palladium with a silver setting for the CZ's??

Can anyone test Palladium with a silver kit and see if it turns red like silver does?

Aaron

I did a search for it, and it looks like a different kit for testing PD. It called for a stone rub and aqua-regia.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for sharing . You did good .. :headbang: :headbang:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.....nice pics.

patwences

Aug 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring with 3 stones marked pd 925

I have the same ring as shown here that was given to me a long time ago and I would love to know is this worth any thing i took it to a small back street jewelry store who told me it isnt worth even ten bucks cause it isnt real diamonds or silver yet it says PD 925 Can you tell me any thing about the ring shown here at [email protected] please...thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread