Myrtle Beach practice session

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have a trip planned for Mrytle Beach at the end of the month and I wanted to get the wife out for a practice run and for me to get my sea legs so to speak by getting in the water again to work out the bugs with my gear prior to heading in the ocean. Well, we picked on Presque Isle again and found two others there detecting on the beach I picked to try today... Once I saw the wife had the detector turned on, I hit the water... it was slow going but I ended up finding some clad, a LOVE earring and just in the wet sand, a necklace (cheap one). After a couple of hours, I took a break with the wife and she was tired and slightly down in the dumps with not finding much but bottle caps and a couple of toy men. After a little pep talk and the fact that we were leaving in less than an hour, she took off again. In the next 5 minutes, she came over to me saying.... I didn't scream but look at this... what she had found was a huge .925 silver ring. To make a long story shorter, we spent another 2 hours there, mostly because of her, she just didn't want to walk to the car without checking out all the sand along the way.... and it paid off for her as she found another 80 cents in clad....

She literally kick my butt today!

Cliff

Attachments

• IMAG0215sm.jpg
    IMAG0215sm.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0216sm.jpg
    IMAG0216sm.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG0217sm.jpg
    IMAG0217sm.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 218