Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well let me say the day started off ok, then I found out I put the tiny SD card in video camera and it was full in 2 mins……………so I deleted and only took some pics today….so video will be pic video…..no clue how that will turn out.
Now item two…..someone complained I was putting out tooooo much info. On my spins so, today and to follow it will not…..just to keep some happy.
I rode up with two guys I know and off we to plunder the northern territory.
Plundering was great today for us 3, but really good for one of us. We all leave with gold rings and lots of clad, mostly quarters and lots of ring pull tabs for me, my sepro got the scent and off she was.

I find one gold band – 10k…….22 qtrs….11 nicks and over 20 tabs.

One guy I know found a killer 18k signet ring.

The other guy found 3 gold rings and 8 non-gold rings and like 55 qtrs.

All in all good spin for one and all. Ran into three others hunters plundering also…..i believe I knew them also…….locals I think.
Road trip plans are on the fax machine now 

Update:
I ran into the fellow who makes the Diablo scoop today and I ended up with one for testing, mine has a wooden handle……………more to follow on this unit…..thanks greg.

Good luck out there.

Video is under 2 mins.

Upvote 0

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not really sure how you could put out too much info Max...you're hunting the public beaches for cripes sake! it's not like you are disclosing the location of some long lost fairground site that you stumbled across...anyways, another great hunt for u..thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started the video, I thought my speakers were off, then I remembered what you said about pictures.

I don't think Max puts out to much information. It is the other hunters than maybe complained having their nick names mentioned. Perhaps they skipped work or the wife might see they weren't really at where they said they were. If they don't want to be seen, they should wear a disguise.

You did good Max, have fun out there for us.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, being on the West Coast, I enjoy seeing the different
hunters that you picture from time to time in your videos. Just
continue with your videos and don't mention names or their
finds....but just continue with the videos....I look forward to
them all the time. Thankx Max............Gold Nuggets :hello:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Nice spin Max! Congrats on the gold!!

Jim

wpaxt

Feb 13, 2007
Too Much Info? Please...

Max,

I have followed your posts/videos for years here on the West Coast and they continue to make my day. I haven't a clue how or why anyone would even think of criticizing your videos for any reason. And the idea of "too much info" is, in my view, ridiculous. Huge stretches of beach to hunt, are they kidding? What is the "too much info" comment based upon? That you tell too much about the type of rig you are using? You reveal your scoop type? That you have covered 16 blocks worth of sand? That a sting ray was in the water? Give me a break.

What I am saying here is that I have a very simple answer for mindless, groundless criticism like this. It is called the "delete" key.

I think I speak for most, if not all of the forum viewers who owe you a huge debt of gratitude for taking the time every day to shoot, edit and post your spins down the lane. Keep doing them, Max, and thank you for allowing all of us stuck at work to live vicariously through you.

Your pal in S. CA,

Bill

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
...Great hunt Max. Congrats on more gold coming your way :icon_thumright: I also think the too much info comments are really out of line. You help so many detectorists to become so much better with good solid ideas and information on the equipment you use and develop. You really help keep a lot of us inspired to get out during a slow spell when nice jewelry is not being found by everyone with your videos that always include the sights and sounds of the beach. And I have to admit, on my first trip to Va. Beach I was hoping to meet you because I had watched so many of your videos. And when I did it was the highlight of my day. You hunt public beaches so don't a couple of selfish people take the rest of you veiwers enjoyment away. Anyway, best of fortunes because you are starting on a roll for gold tickets with the SE Pro...Stuart

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max great hunt! Loved the pic montage, your on a roll! Please don't let a few rotten apples spoil the barrel!!! Seems to me you enjoy making videos and that shows! Keep rollin!!!

SnT

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep doing your thing Max......nice ticket. :icon_thumleft:

Jul 21, 2011
Wv 2 miles from Western,Md
Detector(s) used
Teroso Sand Shark
Max.. pay no attention to the folks that say you give out too much info. Being here in Wva I very much lookforward to and enjoy your videos with your narratives!!! So please go back to doing what you were doing, its good entertainment man!!!! :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Impressive spin Max, enjoyed running into you and getting some great video..which I'll post this winter. Been hunting this beach for 5 years now and she offers several miles of great hunting for everyone, at any given time there can be Hot spots from one end to the other due to it's history, Much like Atlantic City Or any other beach out there if you do the research. For those who think there going to walk right out and find gold your just kidding yourself. You have to put in the time, bea Diligent hunter, be there when conditions allow..which can change with tides/winds and luck. I have pulled as many as 20 plus rings from here in 5 days, and other weeks none. I'm sure it's the locals complaining, the few that hunt there.............. from the years of history and the daily depositors theirs more gold there then anyone can dig in a lifetime. Max continue the Great video's of this place and the Next big storm get the Cam ready, there is another Hot spot I'll share on these shore's that the Local's don't want anyone to know about...where I found the Gold Nugget last year.......till next time.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread