2nd trip to Presque Isle

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last weekend before Myrtle Beach and wanted to keep in shape so off to Presque Isle for more fun in the sand... Wife is really getting to like this and is doing quite well. She found lots of crap along with a silver earring. I finally got my first gold ring, not to big and only 10k but its yellow in the scoop. Stone was missing so I had a true weight for melt value which comes in at todays gold price just over $40, not bad for my first gold... Also got a toe ring which until I got home thought was crap but turned out to be 925. Next week at this time, I'll be hitting Myrtle Beach for a week!

Cliff

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0218sm.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0218sm.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 392
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0220.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0220.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 394
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0221.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0221.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, is that silver earring turquoise? She could turn it into a cute pendant with a jump ring. :hello2:

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Tigger said:
Hey, is that silver earring turquoise? She could turn it into a cute pendant with a jump ring. :hello2:

Sure is, my daughter said the same thing.... guess I'll have to find someone to get it done.

Cliff

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the gold and silver finds, Cliff! :headbang:

I wish you continued success

Lorraine

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds. Good luck in Myrtle. I was there early this year. Hope you do better then I did......Matt

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cdv1 said:
Tigger said:

Sure is, my daughter said the same thing.... guess I'll have to find someone to get it done.

Cliff

Nope, just find a craft or bead store (Michaels, or Hobby Lobby) - just a hint: jump rings open sideways, don't pull them open to make a "C", then try to close, they never seat properly. If you go to a bead store, they may even help your daughter put it on. Simplest thing once you know the trick.
Tigger

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cliff, Looks like you had a nice outing. I hunt Presque Isle pretty often, if you would ever like to get together there let me know. I live in
Corry and usually get there at sun rise. I did pretty well last Friday on Beach 7. I'm retired so I could go up most anytime.

Schrecky

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
"not to big and only 10k but its yellow in the scoop".....Gold is #1 - Congrats :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Tigger said:
cdv1 said:
Tigger said:

Cliff

Nope, just find a craft or bead store (Michaels, or Hobby Lobby) - just a hint: jump rings open sideways, don't pull them open to make a "C", then try to close, they never seat properly. If you go to a bead store, they may even help your daughter put it on. Simplest thing once you know the trick.
Tigger

Thanks Tigger

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Schrecky said:
Hey Cliff, Looks like you had a nice outing. I hunt Presque Isle pretty often, if you would ever like to get together there let me know. I live in
Corry and usually get there at sun rise. I did pretty well last Friday on Beach 7. I'm retired so I could go up most anytime.

Schrecky

Sent a PM... Have to get together after I come back from Myrtle. Weather permitting, possibly Saturday or Sunday after Labor day.
When I was a kid, I used to fish a lake up at Corry... memory isn't the best but I was under the impression it was a water athority lake and only open a few weeks in the year and only with row boats. Wow was that a good bass lake! Dad would row the boat and I would fish as he rowed to get to the spot.... I'd catch fish and he'd get mad..... a few years later, he made me row!
Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread