Will this be the one...?

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can almost guarantee this is the one since I have a vacation scheduled for the week after next.... I leave for the beach on Friday..... wife is bummed, no beach time if it hits.... I'm hoping for it .... :-)

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope it dont move more than sand.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya on that, but on a side note, I do thermal imaging for water intrusion, might make for a lil work. never been to S. Carolina... :dontknow:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe N.E. will get some of that too!!!! ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
wish she would run offshore parallel to the beach say 100 miles out moving slowly chewing off some of the "man dumped" beach shore sand with no real impact on the land other than a bit of rain

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya Ivan, but lookin a lil better this morn...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
ivan salis said:
wish she would run offshore parallel to the beach say 100 miles out moving slowly chewing off some of the "man dumped" beach shore sand with no real impact on the land other than a bit of rain

Actually, I hope it comes a bit closer. There's so much sand (man-dumped and mother nature deposits) that a slowly churn isn't going to do much. We need a good old-fashioned scouring preferably on the back dunes. In addition, we need rain and lots of it.

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Irene passed over Puerto Rico early this morning. Power is back on, so after work I'm headed to the beaches to see if the storm cleaned some of the sand off!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
JAN2011 said:
Irene passed over Puerto Rico early this morning. Power is back on, so after work I'm headed to the beaches to see if the storm cleaned some of the sand off!

Hope it moved enough sand to get down to the gold catching layer and good luck to you, hope you find a bunch!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
looks like shes going to be a cat 3 running off the northeast florida coastal area -(with it being that strong should cause lots of beach scouring)- with land fall in the charleston, south carolina area * I pity SC

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never hunted a beach after a lot of sand has been moved....what is it like after this happens, what kind of finds are made?

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ya find a pocket of heavier items, work the area slowly as it has been sluiced out for ya already. Don't forget if the current and waves are strong enough hunt a hundred -two hundred yards from your usual spot. The wave action can carry them down the beach before depositing them together in a neat lil pile just waitin for ya... :headbang:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Texas,we can only hope it decides to go more southwest and than north to the Texas coast and than maybe,just maybe we get some of it here in Austin. :icon_scratch:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
Never hunted a beach after a lot of sand has been moved....what is it like after this happens, what kind of finds are made?

Maybe Davey Jones locker!!!!! Still hoping for a close call up here!!! Even a good Ole Nor Easter! I'll be in Nantucket this weekend!! Could be wicked, may even have to call in sick!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7: All you guys and gals in the lower Atlantic Have fun be careful and get a Banner!!!

SnT

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.S.Tupperware said:
If ya find a pocket of heavier items, work the area slowly as it has been sluiced out for ya already. Don't forget if the current and waves are strong enough hunt a hundred -two hundred yards from your usual spot. The wave action can carry them down the beach before depositing them together in a neat lil pile just waitin for ya... :headbang:
Now you got my attention. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread