dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent my AT pro back in after it crapped out on the 4th of July holiday week. I had it in the salt water for a few hours over two days. Well I got it back last week and took it out this morning for a spin in the salt at Clearwater beach. Well it only took about 4 hours before it started freaking out on me again. It became totally unusable just like before. When I sent it in to get repaired and upgraded I asked if I will be able to go in salt water and the answer was yes. It's gonna go back again and trust me it will never see salt water again and most likely it will be for sale as soon as I get it back. I am completely disappointed in this product. If anyone knows anyone at Garrett feel free to forward them this message.
DC

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DC, I'm sorry that you are having such problems with your detector.

I can just imagine how frustrating/aggravating it must be for you.

I hope you will send your posted message in to the company and that they will do right by you.

Please keep up posted on the outcome of this situation.

Lorraine

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett better figure it out quick. Their good name is on the line. LCD screen underwater? :icon_scratch: I'm sure it's hard enough just to make them waterproof but an LCD screen in saltwater??? Good Luck

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it leak or just go crazy?

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure see a lot of them on the classifieds for sale!

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had a problem with mine. If that seal is breaking and water is getting into your machine then there is a reason why. Having the same issues twice, then it is something you are doing wrong. Could it be that you have left your machine in a hot car for hours at a time. That will break the seal! Garrett makes a good product and they stand behind what they make. The AT Pro is a moderate use machine, it is not meant heavy duty underwater work. If you want something stronger then spend the bucks, but if you leave any machine in a hot car, the seals will break.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobbie said:
I have not had a problem with mine. If that seal is breaking and water is getting into your machine then there is a reason why. Having the same issues twice, then it is something you are doing wrong. Could it be that you have left your machine in a hot car for hours at a time. That will break the seal! Garrett makes a good product and they stand behind what they make. The AT Pro is a moderate use machine, it is not meant heavy duty underwater work. If you want something stronger then spend the bucks, but if you leave any machine in a hot car, the seals will break.
Ive never heard of a moderate use detector. Where did you read that?

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I know how frustrating it can be. My Whites DF went crazy on my 5th time using it. Ruined a good outing. Sent it in and bought a Tesoro Sand Shark. Got my Whites back in a week. It has been flawless since the replacement of a bad coil. Now the Tessoro is going crazy and needs to be sent back for repairs. I will never be without a backup unit in a water machine. Too many things can happen in salt water, and my main reason for being at the ocean is to go detecting. Best of fortunes in your future hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions