Hurricane Irene NJ Beach Hunt...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricane Irene is predicted to barrel through sometime on Sunday. Forecasts are still shaky on how close we're gonna get shaved, but, SURELY looking to be some nice beach erosion in the least :headbang: Looking for a few other brave/adventurous or just plain crazy folks like myself to meet up with during or immediately after the storm for a hard core detecting adventure :toothy2: :blob1: Wildwood, Pt. Pleasant, Ocean City...doesn't matter to me. PM me & once we have a nice sized group we can settle on a spot :thumbsup: I'm ready for some fun, are you :laughing7:

Joe

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Bill.jpg
    Bill.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 876
OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
cntrydncr1

"Bill, I love you so...I always will..."
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are you kidding me, Bill?!?! Well done INDEED :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Am I reading that right? 23 rings in 35 hours?

You da man :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap NJ said:
njnydigger said:
Night, day, doesn't matter to me buried...or is it crap? :laughing7: :tongue3: :laughing9: Looking forward to this one. You down for the party??
Oh I am in. I just know how stupid these life guards have gotten. Last week they threw us off the beach due to rain. We got back on out of sight!

Can't wait to see ya :thumbsup: I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow. Should be a blast :icon_sunny:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, 23 rings, ended up being 7 gold...Just happen to be at the right place at the right time. Your on the jersey shore so you should have some excellent hunting ....Just be safe if you go out, and wear a PFD..last year almost lost my buddy Jeff, a prestorm hunt he got knocked down..he got up and got hit hard again..disappeared..gone for a several seconds..he was finally able to escape and was so shaken, we had to leave ....he avoids the water now.....

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Thanks, 23 rings, ended up being 7 gold...Just happen to be at the right place at the right time. Your on the jersey shore so you should have some excellent hunting ....Just be safe if you go out, and wear a PFD..last year almost lost my buddy Jeff, a prestorm hunt he got knocked down..he got up and got hit hard again..disappeared..gone for a several seconds..he was finally able to escape and was so shaken, we had to leave ....he avoids the water now.....

No water hunting for me oldbeeche :thumbsup: During the storm will obviously be too chaotic & even AFTER the storm is over, the Jersey shore tends to be a little rough in the surf for my tastes. Wet water line up to ankles or mid shin :icon_sunny:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying don't go, I will probably be hunting in OCMD AFTER the storm has passed.

I just hate it when I hear about 1st responders who are put in jeopardy because somebody was looking for a thrill.

I wish you luck and safe hunting.

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this thing is a direct hit nobody is going to get anywhere near the beach. Possibly for days or longer. Forget the Life Guards, PD, FD, FEMA etc etc etc will not let us anywhere near a beach until THEY are sure we can't hurt ourselves or steal anything. Most likely the state of emergency already declared in NJ will be extended to keep all but essential service vehicles off the roads. So it goes in our free country these days.

Hopefully, not the case. And if not, sorry guys, if I can hunt the last place I want to be is on a beach with dozens of other hunters. Probably be the case anyway, but no need to plan it that way. Then again, on second thought, if you guys are getting totally sh*t faced maybe it would be the best beach to hunt? Seriously, good luck with the beach beer bash!!!!

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would love to join you but I have to fix a machine near Ocean City, MD on Monday.

I'll be hitting the beach early.
Hope the beach isn't closed off!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tjc45 said:
If this thing is a direct hit nobody is going to get anywhere near the beach. Possibly for days or longer. Forget the Life Guards, PD, FD, FEMA etc etc etc will not let us anywhere near a beach until THEY are sure we can't hurt ourselves or steal anything. Most likely the state of emergency already declared in NJ will be extended to keep all but essential service vehicles off the roads. So it goes in our free country these days.
I was hoping to get down there Monday morning but after hearing that i'm not sure it's worth the trip. :-\

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mountainman 2 said:
tjc45 said:
I was hoping to get down there Monday morning but after hearing that i'm not sure it's worth the trip. :-\

AS soon as the mandatory evacs are lifted we'll be good to go. If it's as bad as some forcast then the evac could be lifted in stages. That is, residents will be allowed in and then as the barrier islands are made safe from downed wires, debris, bridges inspected etc, the gen public will be allowed in. Stay tuned to the Philly TV stations (6abc is the best one) and KYW news radio. KYW is available on the web. Depending on how bad it is, could be days or a week. Unfortunately, these islands are really low.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
OldeBeechnut said:

awesome hunt!!! Good luck to all. Be safe. Wish I was there!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
mountainman 2 said:
tjc45 said:

I am figuring on Tues or Weds at the latest!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anybody getting out and finding any goodies......Matt

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Big disappointment. Instead of nice cuts, the beaches were flat. The storms were a non-issue. If no one told you there was a hurricane you would never know by driving through like I did on Monday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread