Hurricane Irene NJ Beach Hunt...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricane Irene is predicted to barrel through sometime on Sunday. Forecasts are still shaky on how close we're gonna get shaved, but, SURELY looking to be some nice beach erosion in the least :headbang: Looking for a few other brave/adventurous or just plain crazy folks like myself to meet up with during or immediately after the storm for a hard core detecting adventure :toothy2: :blob1: Wildwood, Pt. Pleasant, Ocean City...doesn't matter to me. PM me & once we have a nice sized group we can settle on a spot :thumbsup: I'm ready for some fun, are you :laughing7:

Joe

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't become a statistic.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will play it by ear, headin to the condo Thurs Eve. Wifey and i takin 2 vehicles... I might stay for a few days... We'll see. I toasted my other camera, but I guess I need to go by cash america and pic up a new one for this epic event. A slight wobble, and all bets are off. I pray for the people this will effect in both a good and bad way. Everyone stay safe, a lil bling isn't worth your life, or serious injury. Go get um, can't wait to log on here Monday morn... Make me proud!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 47, storms like these are how metal detecting memories are made. Get a rowdy group of guys on the sand with a few beers in us & have at it :headbang: Can you say B-E-A-C-H P-A-R-T-Y? :occasion14: :occasion18: :smileinbox: :blob8: Still though, if you see anything on the news about an inebriated man that washed ashore in some far off, distant land clutching his scoop & metal detector...that would be me :laughing9: :tongue3:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lets hope it hits during the day and we can get out after the beaches are closed. They seem to think they need to protect us from ourselves. The beach tag beaches won't let you on them during the rain, even with a badge because it dangerous! Sept 5th they go away during the real hunting season.

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night, day, doesn't matter to me buried...or is it crap? :laughing7: :tongue3: :laughing9: Looking forward to this one. You down for the party??

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
2 years ago when Hurricane Bill came up the coast there were loads of us out there that morning. I learned to respect the water; knee deep waves almost drug me out!! I stayed well away from the water after that. That was the day I found my honker of a diamond ring! "Bill, I love you so...I always will..."

wish I could join you...

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to go... but I'm in Texas... too far for aweekend trip...

Chukers

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm crazy cntry, but I ain't STUPID :laughing7: No going in the liquid for me. Maybe ankle deep is fine, but, I DO want to make it home alive to cherish my pull-tabs & bottle caps from the hunt :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I Could join ya

ask me 10 years ago when I had a Sovereign & WOT
& 10 times the energy:wink:

good Luck :coffee2:

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Chukers, cntry said she'd pick ya up. Isn't that right, cntry? :laughing7: :laughing9: No expenses spared for my buddies chuke. I'm gonna book you a ticket on Greyhound...in the baggage stowaway. Should be nice & cozy in there for ya :tongue3: Seriously, anytime you wanna come to the NY/NJ area, just drop me a PM :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, if I had only half your vigor, an ounce of your vitality, a tiny droplet of your youthful, catlike prowess...I'd be out swingin everyday from sunup to sundown :thumbsup: You're young in spirit & a true gentleman. Oops, sorry...thought I was talking to sparticus. I take back everything I said :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
Jeff, if I had only half your vigor, an ounce of your vitality, a tiny droplet of your youthful, catlike prowess...I'd be out swingin everyday from sunup to sundown :thumbsup: You're young in spirit & a true gentleman. Oops, sorry...thought I was talking to sparticus. I take back everything I said :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing7:

:thumbsup:

Yea I Used to be a Catagory 5,
Now I'm just a spring Thunder boomer ;D

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.S.Tupperware said:
Watch out for the invasion east coast... :help:

Are you referring to the hurricane or me being drunk & swinging what amounts to a lightening rod on a urban beach? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
njnydigger said:

:thumbsup:

Yea I Used to be a Catagory 5,
Now I'm just a spring Thunder boomer ;D

Don't feel too bad, Jeff...you're not alone. Remember what that old, wise man from long ago (George Burns :tongue3:) once said when they asked him what it was like having sex at the ripe old age of 95. "Like shooting pool with a rope." :laughing9: :laughing7:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my daughters atlantic city ocean dive is cancelled, I will be in in OC or another beach..if its not cancelled, shes gotta do this dive to get certified.. am sure they will cancel it if the storm comes.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if I can talk the wife into a road trip. If I come by myself I would have to sleep in the car. So maybe I will be able to make it next weekend. So leave so goodies for me.......Matt

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfecto, bootybay :thumbsup: Hopefully we can get a nice group of fellow tnetters together. Would be a blast. Also be nice to put faces to the many names (and avatars) I've been online with for the past few years :hello2: I hope to meet up with you :icon_sunny: Ya can't miss me...I'll be the dapper looking George Hamilton-ish looking guy wearing the ascot and searsucker pants, lol.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
njnydigger said:
Night, day, doesn't matter to me buried...or is it crap? :laughing7: :tongue3: :laughing9: Looking forward to this one. You down for the party??
Oh I am in. I just know how stupid these life guards have gotten. Last week they threw us off the beach due to rain. We got back on out of sight!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread