East coast earthquake, did vibrations put gold out of reach of detectors?

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Upvote 0

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Hey S&R, don't over think it. You won't find anything if you don't go and put your coil over it. In my opinion, just getting out on the beach with my detector is never a waste of time, even if I don't find anything good. Hope you find something good, Happy Hunting !!

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Who the heck is overkill?

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
The earthquake has ruined MD for good! All the gold, silver and coins have dropped down 2' or more! Its all over now! Better get all your MD and scopes on ebay now while you can still get something for them. It was fun while it lasted.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I hope this is all a joke? Haha, we have plenty of earthquakes here on the West Coast and there is still old stuff on the beaches within reach of detectors.

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be wrong , but when I used to go prospecting, I was told that when there is an earth quake, the earth pushes material up. That is how some of the islands have shown up, where there were no islands before. The plates in the ground shift and snap together again. I know if I am wrong someone will correct me. Hey it's still all a learning process right? I am on the West Coast too.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Of course the earthquakes push the Gold up! Haven't you ever heard the saying "There's GOLD in them thar HILLS!"
Aquanut

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold fever pete said:
I could be wrong , but when I used to go prospecting, I was told that when there is an earth quake, the earth pushes material up. That is how some of the islands have shown up, where there were no islands before. The plates in the ground shift and snap together again. I know if I am wrong someone will correct me. Hey it's still all a learning process right? I am on the West Coast too.

Islands are typically formed from volcanos, mountain ranges are formed from plates being pushed up. Some islands are the tips of UW mountains. Gold is formed from volcanic processes, but not necessarily from volcanos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions