A Tip For You

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well the sun got me good this time. This coming Wen.(Aug 31) I will have disfiguring surgery for cancer on the face caused by exposure to the sun . According to the doctor I have a possible future of skin grafts and some scarring . Here's my tip for you . Avoid that hot afternoon sun . I thought sunscreen and a cap would protect me . Boy was I wrong ! I enjoy MD'ing so much that I always wanted that one more swing of the detector, before I knew it I was in the hotter part of the day. Be smarter then me . Avoid that hot afternoon sun . Your face will look better w/o the surgery!!! Best wishes - Herb :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to here that Herb.Hope every thing turns out ok.Good luck :thumbsup:

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
good luck Herb ,wife has had at lest 6 surgery down to the bone.they do amazing work these days. You will get through it . Spread the word ez to forget when you're out there.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herb, I'm sorry to read that you have to go through surgery and possibly some skin grafts.

Surgical procedures have come a long way with new techniques being developed continually and you will benefit from this , I'm sure.

I wish you a speedy recovery with the least after effects possible.

Take care

Lorraine

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear you fell victim to the sunscreen scam. Just so you know, as well as others, sunscreens actually cause/accelerate cancer. I always subscribed to that theory my entire life, most thought I was crazy -- but the chemicals in it (as well as our foods) are the root cause. Many case studies done. Heres a link to one of the stories I recall seeing not long ago about it. Get well soon!

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/05/24/study-many-sunscreens-may-be-accelerating-cancer/

Agypsea

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2011
Treasure Coast,, FL
Herb----this is my first post as a newbie to the forum. FYI, I had five surgeries on my head , hand and back within the last six months, and now I look cuter than ever!! Hang in there. You'll be detecting right away after surgery--just keep your hat on and wear long sleeves.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speedy recovery buddy! Guess i have been lucky, have spent most of my life in the sun.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Sorry to hear the bad news Herb. I hope all goes well with the treatments. I am sure we will all be saying a prayer for you...Stuart

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Gosh Herb I was wondering why we hadn't seen or heard from you. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. You will be in my prayers as I make my travels. Hopefully by the time I return you will be fully recovered. Miss hunting with you and Sandi.

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be well Herb and speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing will absolutely think about your post when I head out to the beach next.

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herb, Looks like you have a lot of people out there that really care about you. I would wish you good luck too ,but with all the prayers I know you will do fine. Pete Get better so you can have some more HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Herb.

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
Herb

Hang in there, I had major surgery like that and looked horrible for a while, but after the reconstructive surgery I look better than I did before.
My girlfriend came in my recovery area and thought she was in the wrong room, she didn't recognize me! (She liked the new me better)

Also, I go along DewGuru. I never had problems until I started using sunscreen. Now I don' t touch the stuff!

Randyd

OP
OP
herb n surf

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I want to thank all of you for your show of support . I would be lying if I said I was not at all concerned about the upcoming surgery . Your well wishes are truly appreciated . I hope I can someday (somehow) have the opportunity to thank each of you in person - Herb :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions