What to wear? Pain of wet bathing suit killing me.

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Ok MB....this is the stuff that I use.....it is heavy duty protection and you will never chafe again.....just apply it liberally to the spots that get irratated before you go to the beach....you'll be amazed how well it works! I buy mine at the local CVS pharmacy I imagine that most other major chains will have it too.....

http://www.bagbalm.com/

Attachments

• bag balm.jpg
    bag balm.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 435

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice tip SD, I've used Vasoline and seems to stop all also, trimmed my interliner alittle also. One other issue I had was the sand getting into my favorite hardsole surf shoes...so I use zipties to keep the sand out...

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
simple solution, buy the lightest weight 100% nylon swimming trunks you can find, end of problem. I find them at Wal*Mart and Bealls. The heavy weight designer suits will kill you. I buy the ones with web lining on the inside. They are so light they are almost dry from the water to the parking lot. If they are still wet when you get to the parking lot, the trunks are to heavy and will chafe.

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Ditto to what Can Slaw suggested. I learned that the hard way. I bought a heavy suit that had some cotton in the weave and it chaffed like crazy. Lightweight nylon is the only way to go. I also keep a tube of Vaseline in the car just in case. It soothes the raw skin.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nekkid, plain ol nekkid is the way to go, cept for a pair of dive booties. People will actually get out of your way instead of asking questions and no one, not a one, will toss pennies in front of you.

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nekkid, plain ol nekkid is the way to go, cept for a pair of dive booties. People will actually get out of your way instead of asking questions and no one, not a one, will toss pennies in front of you.
Too funny :tongue3: :tongue3: Doubtful anyone would throw the pennies out in front of you. (full moon)
Much sand moving down at MB?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
I feel your pain lol. It doesnt happen to me on the beach. It can be a big problem at work if I sweat a lot. You need air circulation. I dont like wearing tight jeans anymore for that reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread