dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want my Sand Shark back so i can get back in the water. Went out dry sanding today. Went to 3 different beaches being chased by thunderstorms all day. This dry sand stuff is killing me. I want my Sharrk back. BTW, all things found here today are with the AT PRO. It washed it off since the salt water outing, installed new batteries and it's working very well in a dry environment.

Notable finds today. A gold piece of jewelry appears to be plated. Nothing stamped in it. A 1 $ dollar Ulysses S. Grant coin. (pretty cool) Found a spent .32 cal on a public beach (interesting) and the best of all was a really cool glass dope smoking bowl (which I didn't keep) I chucked it in the garbage. Oh yeah, junker ring makes 26 for the last 2.5 months!

I really need to get back in the water. My feet are killing me from walking for 8 hours!
DC

829.jpg

8291.jpg

8292.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, dry sand searching kills the feet unless you wear good shoes with hard soles. Best I found were fishermans wading boots for stocking foot waters.

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flip-flops are your friend here in the dry sand. I can walk all day long in my (I hate to say it) J-Crew flops. They aren't your run-of-the-mill plastic/foam Wally-world flops, they are nice and squishy with a fabric band that doesn't heat up or cut into your foot. Nice thing is, if your feet get sandy, just flick em off and rinse them in the water, and if you get into some hard pack, you can take them off and throw them in your bag or back pocket. I think they run about 15$ in the outlet stores and online, but my 2 pairs have lasted 3 years and show almost no signs of wear. Good luck and HH!

Sand-duner

Deep Seeker

Oct 6, 2003
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XS-2a Pro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Job! :icon_thumright:

I found the exact same thing you think is gold plated. I have yet to find out what precisely it is made of.

Otherwise, $1.22 an hour is pretty much the same as i get in the dry sand even after a really crowded day.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear you friend. That dry sand gives your legs one heck of a workout, don't they?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread