May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It ain't big... but it's GOLD

The tides have been cooperating these last few days and I decided to get out for a hunt this morning during the low tide at 2:20am. I arrived at the beach at 1:30 and hunted until 3:30 am. The water was calm and flat, and there wasn't any moonlight either. That made for an especially creepy solo hunt, but I like the isolation I suppose.

The hunt started off with a few 10 yen coins mixed in with a couple of 50 yen-ers. Before too long I had a few 500 yen coins in the pouch, so things were looking up. Those coins make the $ add up quick.

I found a silver pot leaf ring while trying to find a target underneath it. I almost dumped the scoop out once I realized the target was still in the hole. It's a good thing I checked it before I dumped it out.... otherwise I would have been scooping that same ring up later. :D

Towards the end of the hunt I started hunting closer to shore than I normally do. I was taking my time, trying to go over every square inch in front of me when I get a nice target sound. I could tell that it was deeper than the other coins, and 2 scoops later I had it in my hand. The red light tends to make a lot of things look silver, but I knew that if I dug this ring from that kind of depth, and it still looked nice and shiny, that it just HAD to be gold. I flipped the white light on, and WOOWZA.... the yellow stood out. GOLD !!!!!!

I've hunted this particular beach a LOT over the last year, and it's only produced one other gold ring for me. I've been waiting for it to cough up another one, and while it took it's sweet time to give me the yellow, it coughed up 2 platinum rings in these last 2 trips. But today.... it gave me what I have been looking for. There's just something about the yellow metal that I love.

So I tucked it into my pouch and kept hunting... knowing that the little yellow ring would make it home and into my treasure box.

As I was working my way to the shore to call it a night... I get a good low tone.... and this thing sounded SWEET too....
One scoop, and it was out of it's hiding spot.
I shake the scoop and see a larger fat ring looking nice and shiny.... flipped the white light on and BAM!!!! More yellow!

Then I see the rust on it.... :-\ Just my luck. Turns out to be some junker Calvin Klein ring. But man o man... did that thing look amazing in the scoop!!!!

Here's the booty for the night:

5,982 Yen $79
3 pieces of silver
1 junker ring
1 gold ring 18k at a massive 2 grams

Thanks for taking a peek at my loot.

Nate

Zanpa001-5.jpg

Zanpa003-3.jpg

Zanpa004-4.jpg

Zanpa005-4.jpg

Zanpa006-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It ain't big... but it's GOLD

Much Better than Our Almost Gold today!!!! 10.7 grams Of Gold Plated Silver!!! HH Chug And still not sure its silver Other than It has The Sound!!! HH Chug and Red

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold is gold.....Ill take 2 grams of 18k any day.

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Chug and Red said:
Much Better than Our Almost Gold today!!!! 10.7 grams Of Gold Plated Silver!!! HH Chug And still not sure its silver Other than It has The Sound!!! HH Chug and Red

I sure hope it's plated silver.... At 10.7 grams, that's a small payday.

krango41

Apr 20, 2011
scotland
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS G2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

well found :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah Baby! Beautiful gold and great finds! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That what she said!!!

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nate,

Congrats on the 18k. Hope your having a fun with Jim over there. Ill be over there as soon as I can. Jim is coming here in Oct. I think.

Btw,

18k -2 grams
88.03 currently

CB

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

CRACKBADGER said:
Nate,

Congrats on the 18k. Hope your having a fun with Jim over there. Ill be over there as soon as I can. Jim is coming here in Oct. I think.

Btw,

18k -2 grams
88.03 currently

CB

I haven't heard from Jim in a while actually. I call or email from time to time to see if he's ok. The last I heard about Jim going up to Korea, he was thinking about Oct or Nov. He was wanting to make it a "Metal Detecting Marathon" up there for about 7 days.... nothing but swinging a machine for 14 hours a day, very little sleep, and eating on the drive to the beach. LOL.... but as funny as that is, that's MY kind of hunting.

I didn't know you were coming down this way... or is that your long term goal?

I'd definitely like to make a trip up to Korea for some of that detecting Jim was talking about..... making my mouth water just thinking about it.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Nate,

Ya ill be heading that way for some Samarai gold! OO ya, I seen one of your detectorist finding it on a beach over there. As far as the 14 hour days, I taught him to hunt :laughing7: Thats How I always hunt swinging a hundred miles an hour haha. Heading to the beachin in about an hour, got my new excal 2 with anderson carbon fiber straight shaft going on her maiden hunt! Cant wait to find some bling~!

See ya,

CB

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

It doesn't need to be big. Just GOLD! Thanks for sharing the loot pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread