Just one of those unexplainable things!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was getting ready to go to Jones Beach this morning with my wife, at about 4:45am. We were going to drive the 55-miles, and meet up with a couple of other detectorists from the forum. Just before we are set to go, I hear a knock on our front door!

Who the frick is knocking on my door at 5:00 in the freakin’ morning? I open the door, and it is my elderly neighbor, who is in obvious respiratory distress. I bring her inside and sit her down, and she asks us to take her to the hospital because she “can’t afford the ambulance.” I almost cried as I picked her up and carried her to the car.

My wife is a R.N., BSN at the hospital – which is 4-minutes by car, and she called the ER as we loaded up and took off with the lady’s vital signs. We stayed until about 9:30am, till her Son arrived from New Jersey. I had got a text from Joe P, already out on the Beach about 730am, asking if I was coming. I was REALLY bummed..

As my wife and I left the hospital, the Son came out and told us they were going to transfer his Mom to another hospital for heart surgery, and thanked us profusely for helping her. I felt about 2-inches tall for being so upset about missing my beach date after that.

And now the weird part of the story..

When we got out to the parking garage I opened the car door for my wife, looked down and saw this – heads up! But wait, there’s more! My neighbor is 76-years old!!!!! The hair on the back of my neck is STILL standing up!

Attachments

• 1935mystery.jpg
    1935mystery.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,437
Upvote 0

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! Nice of you to help out your neighbor. A bit of instant Karma I'd say. A fun read!

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer about the missed trip T - But helping thy neighbor is where it's at. In this day and age, it's a very rare trait to find in anyone --- rest assured, that karma is going to come back to you 100 fold. :headbang:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, Terry!

You and your wife are wonderful neighbors to have helped this elderly lady .

You and your wife are to be admired for giving so unselfishly of your time and energy to help this woman.

Lorraine

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Great story. And what neat karma came your way as you were getting into your car. The date on the coin. Something special just happened. I'm so happy that you helped your neighbor too. Good karma. :headbang:

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a good man, Terry. That deserves an honorable mention!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
N2CU said:
You're a good man, Terry. That deserves an honorable mention!

First, THANK YOU! - to all of you for your kind words and thoughts! The doctors put a stent in one of her arteries, and her Son says she is resting comfortably in the Cardic Care Unit tonight.

Second. I did nothing special. Any one of you would have done exactly the same thing. I was even selfish! I was upset that I was missing the water while I was sitting in the ER, waiting for her Son. Yes, I was very concerned for our neigbor - but I have to be honest and say I was p-o'd I wasn't up to my waist in the Atlantic to! It was just that quarter!!! It really threw me. I forgot all about the beach, and felt selfish and proud at the same time.

The Son told me he thinks his poor dead Father put it there to thank me. How freakin' freaky is that? This one is going to stay with me for a long time! N2CU, thank you buddy, but honestly you would have done the same exact thing. That is what makes us good neighbors, just being regular!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story, good karma!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't beat yourself up because you were bummed about missing your trip. You did the right thing....some people would have dropped her off and left....you stayed there until her family came. I wish I had neighbors like you. :icon_thumleft:

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,that is freaky...you did the right thing.....next time set the alarm clock an hour earlier.....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
keep that coin - have a it mounted , put it on a chain and wear it * --its "special" -- some things are both very easy and well very hard to explain at the same time. (a lot depends upon who your talking to) ;D

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you Terry, Your Heart is in the right place. Life has many choices, and Great Memories, for those who choice wisely.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes we are faced with decisions that will test our humanity Terry.
You were and did the right thing...well done to you and your wife. Good
neighbors are hard to find...she found a couple of them. The silver quarter
has some special meaning for you..a mystery for now...keep it close to you.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
You did a good deed for a neighbor and got a memory that will be treasured more than any trinkets you could have found on the beach that day. Good things will come your way. Congrats Terry!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Definitely a "sign" Terry. I love this story, and you got an amazing gift or "sign" that you did a really great thing. I agree with the other poster - have it mounted in a bezel, and wear it on a nice silver chain.

Jim

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kindness never goes unrewarded. You and your wife are good folks. :icon_thumleft:

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mr. Soloman,

I'd be damn proud to call you neighbor!

Steve :-)

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Your kindness shows there are still people who are remembering how to be a descent human being!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread