Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I'm getting a Pontoon Boat

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2011
    Gainesville, Florida
    Garrett AT Pro

I'm getting a Pontoon Boat

My friend is selling me his 25' pontoon boat for $900. It's a fixer upper. I'll take it out places to go exploring & treasure hunting. It's going to be a lot of fun. Great for hooking up a hooka rig to it also. It also has a trailer that is in good shape that comes w/the boat, all for $900. And it has a bimini top. The floor, engine, & seats need work, and some other things too.

ttyl, TS & Kelly
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tropical Sue & my dog Kelly

us
    Apr 2011
    Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: I'm getting a Pontoon Boat

Congratulations on the purchase of the pontoon

They are so much fun; my sister and her husband have one and they enjoy it very much.

I wish you lots of fun with the pontoon

Lorraine
    Quod Facis Bene Fac

us
    Aug 2011
    Gainesville, Florida
    Garrett AT Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrain.
    Congratulations on the purchase of the pontoon

They are so much fun; my sister and her husband have one and they enjoy it very much.

I wish you lots of fun with the pontoon

Lorraine
    Thank you Lorraine. I am so excited about it.

us
    Dec 2006
    upstate N.Y.
    Fisher cz-20/minelab explorer xs
    52 times
    Banner Finds (1)

That's a really good deal.I've been shopping around for one with the same idea as you ! I have an electric hookah setup that I plan to install and was thinking of rigging up a glass bottom area.

us
    Aug 2011
    Gainesville, Florida
    Garrett AT Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kieser sousa/rip
    That's a really good deal.I've been shopping around for one with the same idea as you ! I have an electric hookah setup that I plan to install and was thinking of rigging up a glass bottom area.
    Sounds great. I like the electric hookah myself. I like the idea of a glass bottom too. It may not need to be too big either. They have a few glass bottom boats here in Florida. It can be done. I've also seen some neat looking solar pontoon boats on youtube. The panels are in the sunroof & they have several batteries, and a electric motor. That would be good as a back up motor & set up too.

ttyl, happy hunting, TS & Kelly

us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3196 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalsue
    My friend is selling me his 25' pontoon boat for $900. It's a fixer upper. I'll take it out places to go exploring & treasure hunting. It's going to be a lot of fun. Great for hooking up a hooka rig to it also. It also has a trailer that is in good shape that comes w/the boat, all for $900. And it has a bimini top. The floor, engine, & seats need work, and some other things too.

ttyl, TS & Kelly
    Congratulations and Best of Luck with the boat! Once you guys get it completely redone and all the work is finished, please call me and tell me what I can do to help, then we will all go out treasure hunting!
    Please visit my Website http://TerrySoloman.com

us
    Aug 2011
    Gainesville, Florida
    Garrett AT Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman

ttyl, TS & Kelly
    Congratulations and Best of Luck with the boat! Once you guys get it completely redone and all the work is finished, please call me and tell me what I can do to help, then we will all go out treasure hunting!
    lol, thank you. I will need some mates when I'm ready to set sail!!

OBN
    us
    83+ on the CB List, Hammer time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City / Chesapeake Bay
    ViperII / Diablo titanium scoops
    937 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Great Deal!! With Preparation and Reaserch the Treasure should prove very rewarding...........keep us up on your adventures.............

Me in 21 months

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pirate Joe (2).jpg 
Views:	1051 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	56760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pirate Joe (2).jpg 
Views:	643 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	564131  

us
    Dec 2006
    upstate N.Y.
    Fisher cz-20/minelab explorer xs
    52 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by kieser sousa/rip
    Sounds great. I like the electric hookah myself. I like the idea of a glass bottom too. It may not need to be too big either. They have a few glass bottom boats here in Florida. It can be done. I've also seen some neat looking solar pontoon boats on youtube. The panels are in the sunroof & they have several batteries, and a electric motor. That would be good as a back up motor & set up too.

ttyl, happy hunting, TS & Kelly
    Thats a good idea on the solar panels...I'll have to look into that....Thanks !

us
    Dec 2009
    New Jersey
    CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
    214 times
    Banner Finds (1)

That boat doesn't look like it needs much work at all. Great deal!

us
    Aug 2011
    Gainesville, Florida
    Garrett AT Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OldeBeechnut
    Great Deal!! With Preparation and Reaserch the Treasure should prove very rewarding...........keep us up on your adventures.............

Me in 21 months

lol! That is so funny. Hey, even old pirate Joe has a good idea to hunt for treasure with a md!! lol.. He's way ahead of his fellows. He's got his boat, parrot, hat, md, etc.. he's all set!! lol.. cute photo.

Yes, I got a pretty good deal. This $900 is just to start out with. I will keep track of how much I put into it. I like the idea of stripping it down & re-designing the floor plan. I want to leave enough room to pitch a tent if I am ever able to go boat camping with it. In Florida, I think there are many opportunities for boat camping. I would have to check the laws, safety, etc.. And parking my tow vehicle in a safe place for a day or two is a concern too. I'm trying to learn all that I can before the boat is ready for water.

The boat in the photo is just an example. You'll see photos of my actual boat later this month.. lol.. I've seen it in his yard, he had it covered & under a parking roof area. He's fixing the trailer so that will be in good shape. That's a start. He's a merchant marine, so I am assuming he certainly knows how to drive a smaller boat (he's a master aka captain for a oil tanker ship). So I don't feel that there could be water in any of the toons. He wouldn't hit anything and knows the waters very well.

I noticed online some solar panels for about $150 which if you put several together, may be just the ticket for solar roof & power for electric motor. Now making the roof will be a challenge, but not impossible.

Thanks for feedback. HH. TS & Kelly

OBN
    us
    83+ on the CB List, Hammer time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City / Chesapeake Bay
    ViperII / Diablo titanium scoops
    937 times

The real Pirate Joe/Obn

Went out this past week with my hunting partner, early morning hunt............ came home with some treasure...(5 rings/2 gold) As people that hit the public beach's start cutting back on wearing the Gold. Research on the OldeBeech's that have now Past will be the new frontier for treasure's. Hopefully I'll be doing this full time come 21 months

Couple tips I can give you is watch your tides and always wear a inflateable PFD in new locations...Good Luck.................................joe/obn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2605[1].JPG 
Views:	546 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	564301  

us
    May 2008
    Central South Carolina
    White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
    1 times

Well, I've had a pontoon for many years now. Started out with a fixer upper years ago and now use a 22 foot Bentley with a 115 four stroke Mercury. I take week long river trips on mine. I find lots of arowheads on the sand bars plus jewelry and coins at the party spots..
    Always remember the definition of a boat. "A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into."

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2672 times

Got an 18 footer, great metal detecting vessel! The three most important things......it has to float, it has to run when you need it to, and items like lights, etc., have to be reliable. Beyond that keep it simple and don't toss anymore money at it then you have too. And always carry a spare battery that is fully charged. A boat can become a money pit in a hurry if you don't maintain it.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

us
    Jun 2011
    TX
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors