Found a clean car!!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha :laughing7: Finally cleaned my Trailblazer today after QUITE some time. Nice to have a clean vehicle again :headbang: The amount of sand I had in it was truly astonishing. And the smell...yikes :spam4: :tard: :tongue11: Was it from the sand, the salt water or what?

I took an old bed sheet and laid it out on the floor in the back of my truck where I keep all my equipment. This way I won't track in any sand & dirt after my future expeditions :thumbsup:

Just curious, any of you have any tips/suggestions on keeping a clean & fresh vehicle what with all the crap we have to lug??

Upvote 0

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
:headbang: Congrats on a clean car. I need to clean out my Nissan pickup truck. It's got beach sand on the floor enough so I can stick my toes in while I drive!! lol.. Like a mobile beach sand box!! lol.. The back area is crammed with stuff that I really must go through. I need to pull out all the stuff & pack only what I need. And get a shop vac to handle all the sand. And some Armor All for the dash & inside the doors.

Good luck on your next huntings. It's nice to have a clean vehicle to work out of.

TS & Kelly

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep one of those empty, 27# cat litter plastic tubs
(with the lid) in my truck for any trash items that I happen
to scoop. Just empty it once in a while and wash it out good.
I'm still working on a solution for the "necessary stuff" that is
behind my seat, so no suggestions there. Good luck to you.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a gallon jug of water and a small plastic basin in the car When I'm done hunting I give my scoop, coil, water boots, feet and finds a rinse in the basin. It has cut way down on the amount of Sand that gets in the car and the house.

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SusanMN said:
I keep a gallon jug of water and a small plastic basin in the car When I'm done hunting I give my scoop, coil, water boots, feet and finds a rinse in the basin. It has cut way down on the amount of Sand that gets in the car and the house.

I really like this one :thumbsup: :headbang: I too keep a gallon of tap water in my car, but, the basin is unique. Gonna try it :icon_sunny:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SusanMN said:

Great idea, Susan. :headbang:

Lorraine

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
SusanMN said:

Great idea. I can keep several gallons of water & keep the basin tied in the bed of the truck. Then just rinse everything, feet & all, lay a old sheet on the ground to walk on. Slip on my shoes, be clean, dump the water in the bushes, dry everything off, pack up & hit the road!! or just rinse everything in the truck bed, and no sheet needed. lol.. or sheet in the truck bed, if the bed is sandy/dirty!! lol..

Great Idea SusanMN. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread