Labor Day Weekend

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Well, went out for a several hours on Saturday, nothing great, 2 big hoop earring's in one hole, but both were different styles, at first I thought they were bracelets. Bunch of change and then a broken charm bracelet. Went out Monday morning 6 to 8 foot waves, wind blowing hard, started to get my gear out of the truck, when I saw this very bright flash. One one thou.... kabooom crash. Hummmm the surf gods are trying to tell me something. Lightning less than one mile from this spot. Decision time, yep leave the stuff in the truck have some breakfast to think about it, hope the conditions improve. The conclusion, enjoy the breakfast and stay out of the water, conditions didn't improve. It's better to wait for better conditions, instead of pushing the envelope and getting abused by the surf, or getting lit up like a Christmas tree!

Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great decision. Don't take chances with the weather. There is always tomorrow.

result lightning.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kc10bull said:
Well, went out for a several hours on Saturday, nothing great, 2 big hoop earring's in one hole, but both were different styles, at first I thought they were bracelets. Bunch of change and then a broken charm bracelet. Went out Monday morning 6 to 8 foot waves, wind blowing hard, started to get my gear out of the truck, when I saw this very bright flash. One one thou.... kabooom crash. Hummmm the surf gods are trying to tell me something. Lightning less than one mile from this spot. Decision time, yep leave the stuff in the truck have some breakfast to think about it, hope the conditions improve. The conclusion, enjoy the breakfast and stay out of the water, conditions didn't improve. It's better to wait for better conditions, instead of pushing the envelope and getting abused by the surf, or getting lit up like a Christmas tree!

Congratulations on the finds, and judgement! :headbang: :hello2:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good decision there is always tomorrow......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread