N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post Labor Day - Playin' Hooky

Labor Day was raining here but I went out to the local beach anyway. Only picked up $2.88 in clad, which was really disappointing considering the beautiful, hot weekend we had.

I played hooky today to get another hunt in and had a reasonable morning with $4.43 in beer (or gas) money. As I was heading over to a trash barrel to empty my pouch I saw the edge of a band buried in the sand next to it. Probably a bottle cap on edge. I reach down and it's a ring. Pretty lightweight so I figure it's aluminum - upon further review it is stamped 925 SU with a circle around the SU. I know what 925 means but the internet told me the circle SU is a mark for Italy. Cool.

Oh yeah. I always wanted to mention how badly Zincolns corrode on a freshwater beach. I would expect that from saltwater.

Attachments

• 9-6 Beach Finds.jpg
    9-6 Beach Finds.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Post Labor Day - Playin' Hooky

Nice clad count, N2CU :headbang:

And nice goin' on finding that silver ring. :hello2:

Lorraine

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Post Labor Day - Playin' Hooky

Nice ring!!! :icon_thumleft: You have to play hooky more often! :headbang: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread