My detector is paid for!!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have been keeping track of how much I have been finding and I can say that today I have officially found enough scrap value gold and silver to pay for my Excal II that I bought 5-1-11. So a little over 4 months of what most would consider "casual" detecting(avg. 4-6hrs/week), and she is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what a $1200 pile of gold and silver looks like(scrap value).

020-3.jpg

022-1.jpg

Aaron

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
How come you guys aren't selling to your LOCAL jeweler for CASH? Better rate on melt, all cash, all the time.. Just my 2-cents :hello:

I'm not sure you're going to find a local jeweler who can do anywhere near 98% of spot, Terry. There wouldn't be anything left over for profit. If indeed you do have someone local that offers 98%, he must be the busiest guy in town...and I want his number :laughing7: :thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker41 said:
FLauthor said:
When its time to sell your booty? This refinery pays 98%: http://www.aragold.com/about-ara.html. Weigh your Swag in grams and check it on Scrap Gold & Silver Calculator: http://www.jackhunt.com/scrap.html then you'll know what you'll be receiving. Great Finds! :hello2: :thumbsup:

not sold on aras methods! they take all your gold, 10kt goes in with 18kt and melt it together. that makes your 18 kt worth less than it should be.

they used dwt as there weight, not grams.

i think you might be better off selling on epay.
When they melt 10k and 18k together it doesnt make the 18k worth less. They get a chunk of pure gold out of whatever they melt and weigh that. You get paid for the weight of the pure gold that comes out of your stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions