My detector is paid for!!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have been keeping track of how much I have been finding and I can say that today I have officially found enough scrap value gold and silver to pay for my Excal II that I bought 5-1-11. So a little over 4 months of what most would consider "casual" detecting(avg. 4-6hrs/week), and she is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what a $1200 pile of gold and silver looks like(scrap value).

020-3.jpg

022-1.jpg

Aaron

Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: thats what its all about, its almost criminal with all the goodies we get for a hobby...........almost!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one impressive photo, Aaron! :headbang:

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats outstanding for the amount of hours put in......your on a roll......keep em coming. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG :icon_salut: And to think people pay "green fees", State fishing and hunting license fees, buy cars they find in old barns and then spend thousands to refurbish them. I love this hobby. Good luck out there. Keep'em coming.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Aaron! I know how good it feels, and I'm doing a happy dance here in White Plains, right now looking at your Pirate Booty! :notworthy:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta love this Hobby, And a very nice amount of treasure for the time you have invested. You may want send your gold in before the end of the year, 1099's will be issued the first of the year on checks more then 600.......

I've pettry much been thur several hobbies in my very Blessed life, if I only new back then, what I know now

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks John ..Great News!! Well Maybe, a friend called ARA 2 weeks ago..they said it was still on for gold..may have to call them myself.........

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I will send in less than 600 each time. Is'nt that a shame! :laughing7:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gotta ask, do you save your finds or just sell them? Me, what few finds I have, I save. I have a few rings I found from 2001. Anyway. Just curious. Great finds btw. HH -Joe

stpauli914 said:
Well I have been keeping track of how much I have been finding and I can say that today I have officially found enough scrap value gold and silver to pay for my Excal II that I bought 5-1-11. So a little over 4 months of what most would consider "casual" detecting(avg. 4-6hrs/week), and she is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what a $1200 pile of gold and silver looks like(scrap value).

020-3.jpg

022-1.jpg

Aaron

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pile o loot sir - Just think how much thats gonna grow now that u added the shark!! :notworthy: :laughing7: :headbang:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Reply from ARA

From: "Nicki Emehiser" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: [email protected]

Have not been instructed to do 1099’s. That was thrown out of the health care bill. Thank Goodness.

Thanks John

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news on the 1099's. I am planning on saving all my finds till the end of the year and then send in common gold bands, etc. I will keep and give as gifts some of the more unique pieces :) Wife has already claimed a couple :)

HH,
Aaron

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Good news on the 1099's. I am planning on saving all my finds till the end of the year and then send in common gold bands, etc. I will keep and give as gifts some of the more unique pieces :) Wife has already claimed a couple :)

HH,
Aaron
My wife takes all my good stuff.....I get more joy from her wearing something than I would from the money it would bring. She dont complain about me detecting either. :wink:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats!!!!!! nice pile! :icon_thumright:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLauthor said:
When its time to sell your booty? This refinery pays 98%: http://www.aragold.com/about-ara.html. Weigh your Swag in grams and check it on Scrap Gold & Silver Calculator: http://www.jackhunt.com/scrap.html then you'll know what you'll be receiving. Great Finds! :hello2: :thumbsup:

not sold on aras methods! they take all your gold, 10kt goes in with 18kt and melt it together. that makes your 18 kt worth less than it should be.

they used dwt as there weight, not grams.

i think you might be better off selling on epay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread