water hunt newbie question

Mantis212

Aug 19, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter "Lone Star"
I have a basic Bounty Hunter: Lone star metal detector....I had an idea to hunt the local river hang out this summer since water levels are at record lows...the water level is roughly 1-2' deep at the local swimming hole...my metal detector is not a water detector but i have heard mixed signals with the capability of being used in water (like it can be done as long as the box doesnt get wet, etc). MFG says coil is waterproof...do you think it would be ok to go swing in there without a severe chance of damage to my detector?

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be fine.....dont get the box wet....Show us what you find :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
wrap a plastic bag around the box and make sure its tight, just in case you drop it!!! plastic bag could provide a few seconds of being more or less waterproof

Kage

Aug 7, 2007
I agree. Wrap her up just in case. Very easy to get wet by accident. Other than that GO GET 'EM !!!!!!!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just stay in the shallow water and cover your speaker holes with tape or wrap the box with a plastic bag you should be fine, also dont raise the coil higher then your box as you dont want water running down the inside tube to your box..........

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck! Oh, and always wear a condom. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mantis212

Mantis212

Aug 19, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter "Lone Star"
Thanks everyone, i will post my finds when i go. :icon_thumleft: