Beginners Luck!

tjware

Greenie
Aug 15, 2011
Boynton Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Beginner's Luck!

I hit the beach for the 4th time since getting my Garrett GTI 2500, hunted the waterline (after many many adjustments) and got a good hit. I kept working the spot with my hand, trying to find whatever has in there (don't have a sand scoop yet) and the waves were coming over and back, washing all of the sand back into the hole. I had a headlight on and as a wave swept back out I saw the glimmer of a gold ring!! I reached down and grabbed it before the next wave came in.

It is a small gold ring with an emerald in the center and a small round diamond on each side. I feel blessed because this is after 5 or 6 hours of hunting TOTAL since I began detecting and I know many of you guys have worked the ground for a while before even getting anything worth something.

I am really hooked now!! Can't wait to get back out there!

Attachments

• IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 791
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Beginner's Luck!

great find! congrats!!!!!!!!! dont hunt in the water until you get a waterproof machine! one little slip,wave or drop and your detector will be toast!!!!!!!!! find a few rings in the wet and dry to pay for a scoop then a waterproof machine. in the meantime, enjoy what you have.

OP
OP
T

tjware

Greenie
Aug 15, 2011
Boynton Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Ok, thanks guys. I guess that I could try to sell the Garrett and get a Excal, I will look into that.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tjware said:
Ok, thanks guys. I guess that I could try to sell the Garrett and get a Excal, I will look into that.
Excellant idea, congrats on a great first find! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread