Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of the river saying "come hunt me". So I did just that! :laughing7: My wife knows that if I have'nt got any obligations that is where I will be, swinging the heater in the river! Right after work I was headed down the road. Trip time is 45 minutes one way. That morn I spoted some ladies sunglasses(like I need anymore :tongue3:) and then another pair a few minutes later. They both turned out to be junk after examination. Small scratches and I toss them. There's not a picture of the yellow and red beads which were attached to the next set of glasses which I easily eyeballed in the water. Those are the Oakley's which I am thankful did not have one scratch! Nice shades! Then came the paratrooper insignia. I think it indicates a 100 jumps plus, or Master blaster. Some one can jump in and say more or correct if I am wrong. Last find for that morn was the Benchmade quick open release knife. This is a killer knife! One of the best I have ever pulled and retails for a couple hundred dollars. The very next morn so me headed for riversville again. Before I even stepped into the water I spoted the lure. Most of them are mepps or spinner baits, so I don't know what this guy was fishing for. Moving along I got a scratch signal which turned out to be the 14k gold hoop then out popped the watch (a athletic works watch). The band was crap so I tossed it. Toward the end of my hunt snagged the 10k(I was on my way out of the water). Dug quite a bit of gravel and rocks when finally there was not a signal. Scratching thru the gravel in my hand expecting to see a small piece of foil but instead the outline of the ring! Yes sir! What a great hobby. I love all the gadget stuff I find and the silver and gold don't hurt either. :laughing7: The pic of me in the water if you look close you can see how clear it is. The foggy pic is on the way to riversville! HH all! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 467
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 442
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.....I thought you used a Tiger Shark, that looks like an Ace 250......does anyone else detect those rivers?

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Here is the identification of Parachutist Badges from Wikipedia

Enjoy!

(Basic) Parachutist Badge (Parachutist no wreath or star)
To be eligible for award of the basic Parachutist Badge, an individual must have completed the Airborne School of the Infantry School in Fort Benning, GA.
Senior Parachutist Badge

To be eligible for the Senior Parachutist Badge, an individual must have been rated excellent in character and efficiency and have met the following requirements: (Parachutist with wreath)
Participated in a minimum of 30 jumps including fifteen jumps with combat equipment to consist of normal TOE equipment including individual weapon carried in combat whether the jump was in actual or simulated combat. In cases of simulated combat the equipment will include water, rations (actual or dummy), ammunition (actual or dummy), and other essential items necessary to sustain an individual in combat. Two night jumps must also be made during the hours of darkness (regardless of time of day with respect to sunset) one of which will be as jumpmaster of a stick. In addition, two mass tactical jumps which culminate in an airborne assault problem with either a unit equivalent to a battalion or larger; a separate company battery; or an organic staff of regimental size or larger. The soldier must fill a position commensurate with his or her rank or grade during the problem.
Either graduated from the Jumpmaster Course of the Airborne Department of the Infantry School or the Jumpmaster School of a separate airborne battalion or larger airborne unit, or infantry divisions and separate infantry brigades containing organic airborne elements, including the United States Army Alaska (USARAK) Jumpmaster Course or served as jumpmaster on one or more combat jumps or as a jumpmaster on 15 noncombat jumps.
Have served on jump status with an airborne unit or other organizations authorized parachutists for a total of at least 24 months.

Master Parachutist Badge (Parachutist with star and wreath) (The one you have)
To be eligible for the Master Parachutist Badge, an individual must have been rated excellent in character and efficiency and have met the following requirements:
Participated in a minimum of 65 jumps including twenty-five jumps with combat equipment to consist of normal TOE equipment, including individual weapon carried by the individual in combat whether the jump was in actual or simulated combat. In cases of simulated combat the equipment will include water rations (actual or dummy), ammunition (actual or dummy), and other essential items necessary to sustain an individual in combat. Four night jumps must also be made during the hours of darkness, one as jumpmaster of a stick. Five mass tactical jumps must be made which culminate in an airborne assault problem with a unit equivalent to a battalion or larger; a separate company/battery; or an organic staff of regimental size or larger. The individual must fill a position commensurate with their rank or grade during the problem.
Either graduated from the Jumpmaster Course of the Airborne Department of the Infantry School or the Jumpmaster School of a separate airborne battalion or larger airborne unit, or infantry divisions and separate infantry brigades containing organic airborne elements, including the U.S. Army Alaska Jumpmaster Course, or served as jumpmaster on one or more combat jumps or as jumpmaster on 33 noncombat jumps.
Have served on jump status with an airborne unit or other organization authorized parachutists for a total of 36 months (may be non-consecutive).
The 25 combat equipment jumps necessary to qualify for the Master Parachutist Badge must be from a static line.To be eligible for award of the basic Parachutist Badge, an individual must have completed the Airborne School of the Infantry School in Fort Benning, GA.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice goin' at that river, detectahead; that's what I would like....a river that talks to me and tells me where the treasures are :icon_thumright:

Congratulations on fine detecting...the finds are impressive!

Lorraine

claytargethntr

Sep 20, 2009
Benchmade Knives are some of the best money can buy. If it is assisted opening, they are only sold to law enforcement and firefighters. I carry a Benchmade and by far the best knife I have ever owned. Great steel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread