FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: lake lanier

Some years ago Lake Lanier nearly dried up and those swimming areas were hammered hard. Of course since the lake has refilled, those swimming areas are replenished. Good Luck to you. :thumbsup:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to T-net! Go online and get the map of Lake Lanier. It shows swim areas,camp areas w/swimming,etc. A lot of these areas close after Labor Day. Good luck!

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Get in the water at the most popular beaches, it's a BIG lake, lots of beaches.

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010

I was wondering if anybody around there hunts the lake. I was just in north Ga and hunted the NEW hangout there...Sunset Beach! Good luck, it's a honey hole. I pulled 3 gold rings there. One was returned that day. It was a legit return because the guy saw me teaching some kids how the metal detector works. He came up to me 3 hours later asking if I was the guy with the MD.....Of course, his wife lost her ring just beside the boat. 2 mins later she had her ring back. I did get to bring the other two with me. I will post pics soon. As well as the happy couple that got there ring back. You can drive and pay to get in the beach part if you don't have access to a boat. The park is off 985 just past highway 20, Gainesville area. However, a lot of places on and around the lake is Core of engineers and I believe it is illegal to md at these areas. Sunset Beach is privately owned and was told I could MD there.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

The boaters (big money) used to hang out at "Cocktail Cove", which would be a awesome spot to check, but a boat is needed to get there. If you are interested in that area, PM me and I will see about describing how to get there.

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions