need your input...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
...to this question. Has anyone conducted a land search of a swimming area and compared it to finds in the water at the same location? Logic is telling me we should find more underwater than on land given the people who drop things on land often see them and pick them up or others pick them up before they get underground. However, would appreciate any feedback based on experience. Thanks. (This is not an ocean setting, but presuming the finds will pretty much stay in the area they were lost in the water.)

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately underwater. that's where fingers get wet & also where most of the "Horseplay" goes on. My Expierence so far shows this to be the case. The only Exceptions would be Community Swimming Pools, Where everything is layed on a blanket, till the point they grab the blanket to leave, forgetting the Jewelry, and loose change. aything lost in a pool, would be a challenge for the occupants, and in most cases retreived by someone.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate the feedback. I'm thinking there could be several fold more stuff below water than above.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say both the beach and the water,people tend to grease them selves up with sun tan oil on the beach,if they have jewelry on like rings,then going in the water the skin shrinks,therefore the ring comes off easy either as they are in the water or comming out of it,when i go to a lake park i cover the beach first then the water.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no comparison here. Water holds so much more because people will not detect there.
If your talking about a body of water with tides, hit it at the lowest tides you can. If not, then get a detector that can be submerged a little bit or completely. I can guarantee you your gold and silver finds will quadruple.
If you have alot of swimming beaches around you, put on some water shoes and some shorts and get out there! 8) Post some pics of what you find. ;D

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
If you can find a place that people changed thier cloaths around a swimming hole you can do very well with the pocket drops! Cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread