A very, very lucky day

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
This past Saturday a buddy and I headed for DewGuru's beach, arrived about 8am, We would have gotten there sooner but both of us needed to hit an ATM and make a withdrawal. Got into the parking lot, first you park your car and then go pay at the machine and put the sticker on your dash. Both of us put our cash and our wallets in the center console of my truck. He took his gear and headed for the water as it was my turn to pay for the parking. I paid the ten dollars, put the reciept on the dash, grabbed my shark and my scoop and headed for the water. At 2PM we met up and headed back to the truck. There it sat in the very busy parking lot with the keys still hanging in the door where I had left them after placing the receipt on the dash. Wallets and cash still there and the truck was unmolested. It was a very luck day.

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say you were DAMN lucky :thumbsup: Think I got ya beat though. Last year I was in one of my favorite parks detecting. It was a beautiful sunny day & I was hot to start swinging. So, gathered all my gear and walked maybe half a mile through a bicycle path to my spot. Detected for maybe 3 hours or so and decided to call it quits. I walk all the way back to my car and noticed something odd...

I left the door to my car wide open :tongue3: Not just unlocked mind you, but, all the way ajar as far as it could go. Only bright thing I DID remember to do was remove the keys. Like you, nothing was missing. I was dumbfounded & felt like an ass though.

Good thing I was in a nice part of town. You too :laughing7: :icon_sunny:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
We went to the Marquesas about 30 miles East of Key West about 8 years ago, and we trailered a boat with my friends new Ford pickup. We launched the boat at the Key West public boat ramp and he put the truck and trailer in the parking area, and we went out for 5-6 days. The truck was in an unlocked lot in Key West. Just off the hiway. When we got back, he could see his windows were down. All the windows. He had a pistol and some other stuff in the truck. He ran right over and it was unmolested. Nothing at all gone.

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay, i'll weigh in on this one.
several years ago I was at a fast food place in San Diego, they had outside tables, so my buddy and I decided to eat outside, we walked over to the table nearest the sidewalk, and ate our lunch, left went over the bridge into the next beach community, (for those that know San Diego,from south mission beach, to o.b.) anyway got there and stopped at the local convenience store to pick up a 6 pack and have a few beers, reached for my wallet and realized I had set it next to my tray at the fast food joint! omg! terror stuck me! had a few hundred bucks in there, plus I.d. etc....
frantically drove back, just knowing it was futile to even look, and there it was sitting in broad daylight only a few feet from a busy beach sidewalk in the middle of a saturday aftn! :o

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
captaindoug said:
This past Saturday a buddy and I headed for DewGuru's beach, arrived about 8am, We would have gotten there sooner but both of us needed to hit an ATM and make a withdrawal. Got into the parking lot, first you park your car and then go pay at the machine and put the sticker on your dash. Both of us put our cash and our wallets in the center console of my truck. He took his gear and headed for the water as it was my turn to pay for the parking. I paid the ten dollars, put the reciept on the dash, grabbed my shark and my scoop and headed for the water. At 2PM we met up and headed back to the truck. There it sat in the very busy parking lot with the keys still hanging in the door where I had left them after placing the receipt on the dash. Wallets and cash still there and the truck was unmolested. It was a very luck day.

That is a GREAT KARMA PAYBACK! :hello2: :headbang: Somebody you have helped or loved was sitting in a heavenly Lawn Chair watching the truck for you! WAY cool story. Thank's for sharing! :hello2: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread