s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got here yesterday. So far we aren't finding alot. Just a couple of earings and some coins, trash and lots of pull tabs. Most finds are coming from high up on the beach where the sunbathers lie out. We've seen lot's of people metal detecting too.
If anyone has been here lately or lives nearby and can enlighten me on the best area of the beach to hunt, it would be appreciated. The wife has her new AT Pro and I'm looking forward to her finding her first quality find.

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closer you get to the water, the less junk & better finds :thumbsup: In the water is best, but, working the wet water line is a smart bet too :sign13:

I see you're using the Excal. Potent beach weapon :headbang: It'll null on the iron, so, you don't have to worry about digging that. Every other peep your detector makes, DIG IT :icon_sunny:

Don't rush. Just go at a nice leisurely pace. Also, make sure to listen for those deep, faint, 'whisper' signals. Sometimes the deepies are the best ones :laughing7:

Good luck!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is your wifes AT pro doing?

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find anything yet? Keep us posted :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still not finding alot. Once she learned to ground balance she started making finds. Coins mostly but I keep telling her the good things are coming.

NC Iron Man

Apr 28, 2010
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Ace 250
I hunted MB and NMB about 7 times this past summer. Hunt the wet sand about 1/2 way between low and high tide - when tide is out... Too much trash and too many hunters in the dry sand. More targets the closer you get to down town by the Ferris Wheel. Good luck!

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just left MB after spending a month there. MB is sanded in bad and Irene brought in more sand. You need to drive and check many beaches out at low tide to find one the has a trough or two. The only success I had while I was there is finding a beach where the sand had moved. Go back to the same beach the next day and it will be sanded back in again. I was driving as much as 20 miles a day to find a decent beach to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread