Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I am breaking an unwritten rule, but I can,t go here this weekend anyway. Here is an email I got from a club member. Names were removed to protect the innocent. Coin Beach is right below Rehobeth, in the Delaware Seashore Park. This is a large area and can accommodate many THer's.

Xxxx just called to give me a beach update and he asked that I pass
it along.

Xxxx talked to X Xxxx who reports that he's been hunting on
Coin Beach with amazing results. He's found at least 40 Irish
pennies (some with different dates than those associated with the
Faithful Steward), 8 silver quarters, 5 silver dimes and some pieces
of jewelry. Y Yyyyy has found 8 or 9 Irish pennies plus several
large silver coins with "George" on them. After cleaning, Y Yyyyy
will be able to tell more about the dates and denominations of them
but they're probably English. Other people who have come into
TreasureQuest have reported similar finds.

If you'd like to check out this area for yourself, Xxxx advises that
you should cross the Indian River Bridge and park on the lot on the
northwest side of the road. Walk under the bridge to the beach and
head toward the area where the trees are. This is a long walk but
might produce good results. If you go, please let us know how you
make out.

Have a great weekend.

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you guys don't end up saying...
"Well, there goes the neighborhood!"
Gold Nuggets :hello:

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
This seems almost too good of a report to be true. I am truly considering burning the fuel to head down for Sunday. I really hope this wasn't a sick joke!!! We've talked about going for a while now and if this post is true, why not make that trip this weekend?!

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
Worked Dewey and Rehobeth hard 2 weeks ago------sand,sand,and more sand-----however a few miles might make a difference--good luck and keep us posted

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At 3hrs 21mins one way I may have to pass but I will hit that beach one day...

Good luck if anyone gives it a go.

NJ

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect said:
make out.

Yeah, and there will be 3 or 4 guys there with baseball bats to beat me senseless & run off with my detector. Thanks, but no thanks :tongue3: :laughing7:

I commend you for posting this & giving others in the area a chance to hunt this spot, but, aren't you jeopardizing getting yourself 'chewed out' over this by your friends & fellow club members?

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
if this post is true, it is sportsmanship at it's best! :icon_thumright: I should be able to give a report on that sunday night :-\

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djm of PA said:
if this post is true, it is sportsmanship at it's best! :icon_thumright: I should be able to give a report on that sunday night :-\

I second the above statement :thumbsup: I know my buddies would be royally pissed if I ever posted our hunting spots, so, this fella is taking a big risk. I wouldn't do it if I were him, but, he deserves to be thanked if this is indeed a 'real' scenario.

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were down for bike week last weekend. We cruised up the coast and stopped at the area on the south side of Indian river. Appeared to be sanded in to me, as well as the area in Ocean City i stayed at. Although I did hear of some nice coins coming off the beach the last few weeks. Was a few good storms while we were there and I noticed the waves hitting the beach going north to south. Normally when I am in Ocean City the waves hit the beach south to north and carry you northbound. Possible movement of some sand as the tides were definitely coming up higher on the beach during these storms as witnessed per me. Good luck to all who go.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
njnydigger said:
Born2Dtect said:
make out.

Yeah, and there will be 3 or 4 guys there with baseball bats to beat me senseless & run off with my detector. Thanks, but no thanks :tongue3: :laughing7:

I commend you for posting this & giving others in the area a chance to hunt this spot, but, aren't you jeopardizing getting yourself 'chewed out' over this by your friends & fellow club members?

This is what I don't understand about this hobby. People covet their "honey holes" and guard them as if only they are entitled to hunt that speck of sand. Get over it. I've freely shared information with those who've asked including specific areas on a specific beach. Do I potentially lose some targets? Sure. But I figure there is plenty of sand to share, and I can't cover it all. Also, by sharing my knowledge, I figure I'm replenishing my karma and the favor might be returned or reciprocated. You see, I would love nothing more than to go on a hunt digging for CW relics. I have about a zero chance of that happening in Florida. But others might be fascinated in digging Spanish colonial history.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
njnydigger said:
Born2Dtect said:
make out.

This is what I don't understand about this hobby. People covet their "honey holes" and guard them as if only they are entitled to hunt that speck of sand. Get over it. I've freely shared information with those who've asked including specific areas on a specific beach. Do I potentially lose some targets? Sure. But I figure there is plenty of sand to share, and I can't cover it all. Also, by sharing my knowledge, I figure I'm replenishing my karma and the favor might be returned or reciprocated. You see, I would love nothing more than to go on a hunt digging for CW relics. I have about a zero chance of that happening in Florida. But others might be fascinated in digging Spanish colonial history.

Technically, you're 100% right in your attitude & belief, Diver :headbang: B-U-T...

If someone starts hitting a certain spot & pulling out jewelry, old coins, etc., trust me, they ain't advertising it :thumbsup: Sure, they might share it with a club member or friend or two, but, they aren't going to be shouting out the exact map & directions from the top of a mountain somewhere.

Just like you, I've shared quite a few spots before. However, rarely will I do it nowadays. I find a good deal of people don't reciprocate - and that to me just isn't cool :spam4: Not that I give to get (nothing could be further from the truth), but, at some point people have to start chipping in and sharing a bit themselves :sign13:

And in terms of most spots being public and thereby huntable by any & all, again, you're correct. Anyone is free to hunt it whenever they'd like. But, if I have a winner on my hands, I'm not just handing it over to someone on a silver platter. They gotta work to find it :laughing7: :icon_sunny:

Again, friends are different. Posting it on a message board though? :laughing7: :sign10: :stop: :merror:

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure wish I lived up that way. That sounds like fun!! Good luck everyone, please post some pictures if you find any goodies!!

Aaron

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
if this post is true, it is sportsmanship at it's best! :thumbsup:

I agree, unless you live on that beach there is more then enough sand to be shared. Sharing info like this is one thing, but you have to find it once you get there. People who lay claims, do they think they were the first to detect there? There has been many before and there will be many after...........And as far as a spot being hunted out............Never.......Thanks Ed for the Bold Post, It was good meeting you this summer after the storm..........Good Luck in your Adventures

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
if this post is true, it is sportsmanship at it's best! :thumbsup:

I agree, unless you live on that beach there is more then enough sand to be shared. Sharing info like this is one thing, but you have to find it once you get there. People who lay claims, do they think they were the first to detect there? There has been many before and there will be many after...........And as far as a spot being hunted out............Never.......Thanks Ed for the Bold Post, It was good meeting you this summer after the storm..........Good Luck in your Adventures

To all do not worry about Ed finding any of these old goodies he only targets the memorial cents. ;D It is a fact that pennies from the faithfull steward have been showing up. I have recieved numerous pic messages from friends detecting down there recently with results.

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
Coin beach typically hasn't been giving up too much in the last few years, but given all of the storms in the last month or two it makes sense pennies are washing up again. Ed didn't give up anything anyone in the tri-state area who detects doesn't already know. Low tide is around 12:48 pm today :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
How often do hunters go in the water deep there. Most I've seen hunt just the dry/wet sand......

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MBbeachrat said:
Just left coin beach, all sanded in. Can't believe some one would put a real hot spot on the forum! Next time think what your posting.

Sounds to me like your a day late and a dollar short. There were plenty of good finds made there this week. Only take one tide to change things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread