surfhunter

Sep 25, 2011
FL NATIVE
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark+ Excal.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all Tnetters

I'm new to the forum but have been following and watching this site now for a year. I've been detecting now for about a year almost all water/beach hunting since I live in Daytona Beach.

I found this cross after the last hurrican that went by just north of the pier. Odd it is silver and at first I didn't think the stones were diamonds due to the 925 make and there is a stamp on the back that said China. The Jewlery tested it when I went to sell some gold and there real! 28 stones in all. He offered to buy it for 50 bucks but I thought that was low.

I would like to hear what your opinion would be on the price. I have no experience at selling finds yet. THANKS ALL

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I see in the pic. is a penny. I was in Daytona a couple of weeks ago. Wes at ok Pawn was a big help to me while I was there. He is president of a local detecting club and seems to be always willing to assist a fellow detectorist. HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Surfhunter. :hello:

As for the value of the silver cross, it is worth what ever you want to claim for it. If the diamonds are real, jewelers don't count them as having value when they buy them, but when they sell them it is a different story. I would keep it and if I had a custom ring made you can have the diamonds remounted for a real nice ring which you can then lose for someone else to find.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garage Sale forum talk a lot about selling tips on ebay. (I just buy, haven't sold yet). You could put a reserve on it for $50 and let the buyers tell you what it's worth. IMHO, it's a pretty design, be a shame to sell it for melt.

(psst, SC shooter: move the blue bar!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread