Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hunted with my buddy Ron tonight during the low tide at 2am. This is killing me being up this late every night this week. Luckily I only have one more to go. After I take my son out tonight, it's over and I can get my rest. UGH....

So we hunted at 2 different beaches.... both of which we've never hunted at such low tides before. It was an above average night for everything... yen count was above 5k, and I even managed to get some nice gold too.

This beach completely drained out. The whole roped off jellyfish net was laying on the wet sand. We had access to the WHOLE swimming area without getting into water deeper than ankle high. Amazing.

The fight was on though.... rocks and shells everywhere. The sand was packed down too. Dense digging conditions, but it was worth it in the end.

Here's the treasures from tonights plundering :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

5,987 yen $79
2 keys
18K white gold / yellow gold ring 8 grams

On a side note, I'm not familiar with the other markings in the ring... K18 PG ???? I know the WG is white gold, but don't know what PG is.
Thanks for stopping by :hello:
002-7.jpg

007-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

001-8.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm not sure... maybe it's a junker ring. It's awfully heavy for such a small ring. I can't even get it on my pinky finger.... you know Japanese don't have big fingers :laughing9:

Maybe the yellow gold is plated..... PG = Plated Gold???? Acid tests look good to me. No flaking either. I dunno.

Lots of Japanese kanji writing in it too. Might have to get Ron to translate.

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Here's something interesting...

http://translate.google.com/transla...n-us:IE-SearchBox&biw=1536&bih=690&prmd=imvns

This is obviously a Japanese ring... and they tend to do things a tad different (hence the K18 marking and not the typical 18K)

This link goes to a shopping page for a store, and they have a ring (K18PG) that they call "Pink Gold"

So maybe that's it... just a different alloy of gold... more copper in the mix I guess.

There's just too much quality in this ring to be a fake... and weight too.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Keep diggin'!

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Google "Plumb gold". It means gold that is exactly alloyed to a specific Karat. Niffler

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find :icon_thumleft: I have yet to find an 18K all I get is 10K and 14K :notworthy:

Aaron

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
Nice find :icon_thumleft: I have yet to find an 18K all I get is 10K and 14K :notworthy:

Aaron

Your in the wrong country my friend...
you need to move to Europe !!

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Agreed... there's lots of high quality gold in this part of the world. Asians have a tendancy to wear high karat gold... and the Japanese have the tendancy to wear a lot of platinum or higher karat gold. My gold ring to platinum ring ratio is about the same... and the majority of the gold is 18K.

MarkTwa8n

Greenie
Mar 28, 2011
What I enjoyed most about this hunt (other than the high yen count) was the little shrimps scurrying around my ankles. Occasionally they would leap out of the water. I had one jump out of the water and hit me square in the chest. That woke me up.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MarkTwa8n said:
What I enjoyed most about this hunt (other than the high yen count) was the little shrimps scurrying around my ankles. Occasionally they would leap out of the water. I had one jump out of the water and hit me square in the chest. That woke me up.

Tell me what are you doing in Japan and what do you do for a living besides metal detecting.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am trying to figure out which beaches the South Asians frequent in New Jersey (Asia, Vietnam, etc.). They tend to wear 22K gold.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hit on the gold BP, that 18 K is tough to get these neck of the woods.......

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking ring. If the ring had been marked PL it would mean Plumb Karat which is a quality marking. Perhaps in that area PG may mean plumb. Chech with a jeweler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread