Excal II warranty transfer????

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading a post on here or another Treasure Hunting forum that as of July 1st Minelab would allow warranties to be transferred. Can anyone give any more info on this? Also can you purchase the ESP warranty(additional 2 years) with the Excal? I'm hearing mixed opinions on other forums, but I just bought one that will be here today that is supposed to have the ESP and be fully transferrable since it was bought after July 1st this year. The guy I bought it from is a forum member that I am sure is honest and he called minelab and they said it is transferrable. Of course I will be calling them when I get it today to do that, but just wondering if anyone else has any info....

Thanks,
Aaron

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stpauli914 said:
I remember reading a post on here or another Treasure Hunting forum that as of July 1st Minelab would allow warranties to be transferred. Can anyone give any more info on this? Also can you purchase the ESP warranty(additional 2 years) with the Excal? I'm hearing mixed opinions on other forums, but I just bought one that will be here today that is supposed to have the ESP and be fully transferrable since it was bought after July 1st this year. The guy I bought it from is a forum member that I am sure is honest and he called minelab and they said it is transferrable. Of course I will be calling them when I get it today to do that, but just wondering if anyone else has any info....

Thanks,
Aaron

PM Mike of Woodland Detectors, he is on here and can answer your questions. I do know the original warranty is transferable on new Excals sold on or after 7/1/2011.....

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got it and called Minelab. Excellent customer service!! It is in my name now and the remaining warranty is effective for me(1 year standard plus 1 year ESP) so I am good until 7-12-13. Very helpful people on the phone and it is nice you get to speak with someone in the US that speaks english!!

Aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread